Failed to register this test agent with the test controller. RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to set up a Load Test scenario.

I need no register my Test agents to the test controller machine. I am facing the below issue while trying to install & start the

TestAgent.

EventViewer Errors :

The test agent service on the machine '<MachineName>' cannot start. ControllerMachineName setting not in Registry.

Service cannot be started. Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.Exceptions.EqtException: The test agent service on the machine '01HW574606' cannot start.

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.Agent.AgentServiceBase.OnStart(String[] args)

at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.ServiceQueuedMainCallback(Object state)

_______________________________________________________________________________

Log File Exception :

Got Exception : Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.ConfigCore.ConfigToolException: Failed to register this test agent with the test controller. Possible reasons could be you do not have permissions to connect to the test controller or a firewall is blocking the connection.
    To fix this problem, verify the test controller is running and you have appropriate permissions to register test agent with the test controller. Refer to this page for more details:  ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied.

Thursday, July 10, 2014 5:42 AM

Answers

All replies