Unable to install Python SDK and run it for Wireless Temperature sensor for Azure IoT Hub RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I am trying to send the data of wireless temperature sensor to my remote monitoring dashboard but facing various issues to use it

- while installing the python SDK using the tutorial on GitHub in raspberry pi it stops the running at 92% instead of 98%.

- After in between installation the setup and trying to run with python code for the wireless sensor, it's still not able to find the module like "iothub_client", though it is already available in git clone which is installed in raspberry pi.

If anyone has leads on this, your advice will be much helpful.

• Edited by Debro82 Monday, November 26, 2018 9:05 AM
    Monday, November 26, 2018 9:04 AM

All replies

• I am sorry to hear that you are facing these issues. Would you please provide a link to the guide you are following? It sounds like you are using a raspberry pi?
    Tuesday, November 27, 2018 1:57 AM
  • Hi, thanks for the reply, yes I am using Raspberry Pi,

Mentioned below is the tutorial from where I learnt:

- Azure tutorial - https://azure.microsoft.com/en-in/resources/samples/iot-hub-python-raspberrypi-client-app/

when it wasn't worked with above tutorial then I used below one by using git clone --recursive

- github - https://github.com/Azure/azure-iot-sdk-python

and after that I am going to the mentioned below directory

cd build_all>>cd linux>> Run command "sudo ./build.sh"

but after running the build.sh or running the setup.sh in both the cases I am facing the similar issue mentioned in the snap shot 

Will be looking forward for resolution on this.

• Edited by Debro82 Tuesday, November 27, 2018 7:02 AM spell mistake
    Tuesday, November 27, 2018 6:59 AM
  • Hi, 

Any updates on this ?

Wednesday, November 28, 2018 6:46 AM
  • Hello Debro82,

I would suggest that you follow the steps here to Install the Python modules using PyPI on your raspberry pi.

If you still face issues installing the modules, the best place to get help is by submitting a new issue on Azure IoT SDK Python Repo here.

Thank you!

Saturday, December 1, 2018 12:33 AM