Validate Sended Mails RRS feed

• Question

• HI All,

I am sneding mails and no exception i had done from my side but now i wan to know whether the mail was bounced or was sended successfuly?

I means how can i know whether the mail id is working one or not ?

is there is any wayfor this ?

Manoj
    Regards MANOJ
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 6:15 AM

Answers

• The only thing you can validate when sending a message is that it is delivered by the first SMTP server. The SMTP server is than responsible for delivering the e-mail. If the SMTP server can't be received, or you don't have permission to connect it, you'll get an exception. But after the SMTP server accepted your e-mail you are finished. Now, if the SMTP server couldn't deliver the message, for example because it was bounced, it will send you an e-mail back with that information. So, if you want to know if your e-mail was bounced or not, you should receive mail from a POP3 or IMAP to see if this information was sended to you.
    while(!Asleep) sheep++;
    • Marked as answer by eryang Wednesday, November 4, 2009 8:09 AM
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 6:51 AM

All replies

• The only thing you can validate when sending a message is that it is delivered by the first SMTP server. The SMTP server is than responsible for delivering the e-mail. If the SMTP server can't be received, or you don't have permission to connect it, you'll get an exception. But after the SMTP server accepted your e-mail you are finished. Now, if the SMTP server couldn't deliver the message, for example because it was bounced, it will send you an e-mail back with that information. So, if you want to know if your e-mail was bounced or not, you should receive mail from a POP3 or IMAP to see if this information was sended to you.
    while(!Asleep) sheep++;
    • Marked as answer by eryang Wednesday, November 4, 2009 8:09 AM
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 6:51 AM
  • But bounce mail will come after some time and for this i need to check the mails right and doing all these from my code it will be complicated right ?

Regards MANOJ
    Friday, November 6, 2009 4:51 AM