Give access to SSAS tabular cube for a Azure Active directory user group RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All!

I have SSDT Tabular Project (with Integrated workspace) which needs to be deployed to Azure Analysis Services. I want to give access to a Azure Active directory user group. I tried to use the method  Roles --> Add External and used the following format:

<group-id>@<directory-id>

it lets me add the group. But when I deploy the model, it gives me error:

Failed to save modifications to the server. Error returned: 'The identity '3e86f1d0-e579-493f-bc69-158ca0676407@acd16f4c-4d05-4b1a-bee0-cbc2d2fe2eb8' was not found in Azure Active Directory. Details: The object was not found in Azure Active Directory. 

How can I then add a Azure active directory user group in roles?

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 1:21 PM

Answers

• Hi Priyadarshini,

Thanks for your question.

Per your question, my suggestion is that you'd better submit your case to Azure Analysis Services forum for professional support. Because we have no azure environment or no permission granted from Microsoft to test your problem.

Thanks for your understanding and support

Best Regards,

Will

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 19, 2019 3:37 AM