Creating a universal Windows app using Visual Studio 2017 and Visual Basic RRS feed

• Question

• I want to create a universal windows app using visual basic code language but the problem is I didn't find a single website who can give a single example of the code. I used before visual basic 2012 and right now only few codes are matching with it so its creating so much problem for me. Anyone knows any website from where I can get an Idea about the code conventions. I checked msdn but there is no visual basic option for visual studio 2017.
    Thursday, May 25, 2017 4:41 AM

Answers

• Hi KratosHell,

You can get start with uwp from Get started with Windows apps, and Create your first app, there is no an example website using visual basic, but it is more similar with Create a "Hello, world" app (XAML), you just need select the Templates > Visual Basic> Windows. As the following step,

1. Launch Visual Studio 2017.
    2. From the File menu, select New > Project... to open the New Project dialog.
    3. From the list of templates on the left, open Installed > Templates > Visual Basic > Windows, and then choose Universal to see the list of UWP project templates to create an uwp project using Visual Basic.

You can also get the UWP sample, After you get the samples, select a sample, such as Altimeter, and you’ll see multiple folders indicating the languages supported. you can select the language you’d like to use, such as vb, and you’ll see a Visual Studio solution file, which you can open in Visual Studio.

Best regards,

Breeze

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by KratosHell Friday, May 26, 2017 7:19 AM
    Thursday, May 25, 2017 7:18 AM