Accessing Data via Sockets RRS feed

• Question

• User1991606060 posted
    Since I couldn't find a better place to post my problem, here it goes:

I'm developing an application that should receive a big chunk of information sent by a GPS. It's currently sending it's info directly to my IP, on the 5055 port.

A read a lot of examples and references of the Sockets class, but I'm still having problems to make it connect!. Yesterday I was able to do it a few times, but an exception was generated when i tried to access the data. Then, the most strange thing happened, it just stopped connecting. Debbuging, here's what it came to: "Usually the server supports only one connection at a time.". Strange as it was, i tried to chenage the code, but then the same Socket object I was using, wouldn't connect, this time because the server was not found. I checked my IP, it was correct.

As you see, I'm a bit lost in this specific problems... Could anyone help me? Anything is very helpful...

Thanks for the atention.
    Wednesday, August 9, 2006 1:13 PM

All replies

• User1991606060 posted
    Please MVPs, I really need help with this... any help will do! any info... I'm stuck here!
    Thursday, August 10, 2006 4:08 PM
  • User1991606060 posted
    I've  noticed this question is not getting much attention... Is there anything I could do to help you help me?  Would the code help anyone? Anyone got any idea??? Anything is welcome at this point...

Thanks

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 3:48 PM