SharePoint Designer WF2010/Current Item vc Current List Items RRS feed

• Question

• I am working on a workflow for a custom resource calendar. the workflow will need to compare "Current Item Resource" against "List Item Resource". If the list has the requested resource already scheduled on the calendar, than the workflow will verify start/end times. However, I have tried without success to set up "If current item resource equals list resource" but it never actuallty looks at the resource value.
    Can anyone help with what i am missing?
    Monday, November 17, 2014 9:46 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your post, my understanding is that you want to compare "Current Item Resource" against "List Item Resource" in the workflow.

Per my knowledge, the Resource Column in the resource calendar seems to be a look up column and it is stored as ID;#VALUE.

There are no method to compare the values which format are ID;#VALUE in the workflow.

As a workaround, I recommend that you can exact the ID and compare the ID of the lookup column.

However, you can only select one resource in the item.

You can create a new column to store the ID of the Rescource column, then create workflow as below:

Then the reslut is as below:

For more information about resource calendar, you can refer to:

Enable reservation of resources in a calendar

Best Regards,

Linda Li

Linda Li
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, November 20, 2014 11:37 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your post, my understanding is that you want to compare "Current Item Resource" against "List Item Resource" in the workflow.

Per my knowledge, the Resource Column in the resource calendar seems to be a look up column and it is stored as ID;#VALUE.

There are no method to compare the values which format are ID;#VALUE in the workflow.

As a workaround, I recommend that you can exact the ID and compare the ID of the lookup column.

However, you can only select one resource in the item.

You can create a new column to store the ID of the Rescource column, then create workflow as below:

Then the reslut is as below:

For more information about resource calendar, you can refer to:

Enable reservation of resources in a calendar

Best Regards,

Linda Li

Linda Li
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, November 20, 2014 11:37 AM
  • Thank you for the information. I will give it a try.
    Friday, November 21, 2014 4:55 PM
  • Hi Li,

I tried setting it up as instructed, but it still doesnt differentiate between current item and list item. Does it make a difference if the resource is a choice column and now a look-up column?

Thanks again,

Monday, December 8, 2014 3:52 PM