LiveTile update problem

Question

• Hi, I start to develop my first universal app, to learn and get practice about.

I think eveything is ok, but I have trouble with LiveTiles (LT) updaing, I have following code to bind and update LT (for simplyfiing there's only WinApp code, but WP is simmilar, with same problem):

Protected Overrides Sub OnWindowCreated(args As WindowCreatedEventArgs)
            'PLACE 1

Dim tileXml_150x150 As XmlDocument = TileUpdateManager.GetTemplateContent(TileTemplateType.TileSquare150x150Text04)
            Dim tileTextAttributes_150x150 As XmlNodeList = tileXml_150x150.GetElementsByTagName("text")
            tileTextAttributes_150x150(0).InnerText = DateTime.Now.ToString("dd-MM-yyyy")
            Dim tileNotification_150x150 As New TileNotification(tileXml_150x150)

Dim tileXml_310x150 As XmlDocument = TileUpdateManager.GetTemplateContent(TileTemplateType.TileWide310x150BlockAndText01)
            Dim tileTextAttributes_310x150 As XmlNodeList = tileXml_310x150.GetElementsByTagName("text")
            tileTextAttributes_310x150(0).InnerText = DateTime.Now.ToString("dd-MM-yyyy")
            Dim tileNotification_310x150 As New TileNotification(tileXml_310x150)

Dim tileXml_310x310 As XmlDocument = TileUpdateManager.GetTemplateContent(TileTemplateType.TileSquare310x310TextList01)
            Dim tileTextAttributes_310x310 As XmlNodeList = tileXml_310x310.GetElementsByTagName("text")
            tileTextAttributes_310x310(0).InnerText = DateTime.Now.ToString("dd-MM-yyyy")
            Dim tileNotification_310x310 As New TileNotification(tileXml_310x310)

'PLACE 2

'PLACE 3
            TileUpdateManager.CreateTileUpdaterForApplication().Update(tileNotification_150x150)
            TileUpdateManager.CreateTileUpdaterForApplication().Update(tileNotification_310x150)
            TileUpdateManager.CreateTileUpdaterForApplication().Update(tileNotification_310x310)
        End Sub

with this code LT (I don't remember exactly) tile updates only once

if a place to PLACE 3 code

TileUpdateManager.CreateTileUpdaterForApplication().EnableNotificationQueue(True)

then LT is updated correctly, but next day, it have old date and if I open app, it updates LT, but "on other side (flipped LT)" stay old date and LT flip new and old data

if I try to do this on PLACE 1

TileUpdateManager.CreateTileUpdaterForApplication.Clear()

then LT is updated once at app start, but after while, next refresh data comes out, only stay a image app and no more show data

and for last, if i add (remove clear (place 1)) this to PLACE 2:

tileNotification_150x150.ExpirationTime = DateTime.Now.AddMinutes(1)
    tileNotification_310x150.ExpirationTime = DateTime.Now.AddMinutes(1)
    tileNotification_310x310.ExpirationTime = DateTime.Now.AddMinutes(1)

Tile does same as with clear, only once update and the show app image and no show data.

My question is, how to make LT update in interval (now i need only at start of new day) and have only actual data (no flip old)?

Thank you for help and ideas.

Peter

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 9:28 PM

All replies

• Try this: 

TileUpdateManager.CreateTileUpdaterForApplication().Update(tileNotification_150x150)
    TileUpdateManager.CreateTileUpdaterForApplication().EnableNotificationQueue(true);

TileUpdateManager.CreateTileUpdaterForApplication().Update(tileNotification_310x150)

TileUpdateManager.CreateTileUpdaterForApplication().Update(tileNotification_310x310)
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/xaml/Hh868234(v=win.10).aspx

Best Regards,
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help

• Edited by IssueKiller Thursday, March 19, 2015 3:23 AM
    Thursday, March 19, 2015 3:22 AM
  • Hi IssueKiller,

thanks for reply, but still no change.

with expiration data shows only once, then only app image

with clear data shows only once and stay old, only refresh only if i kill app and start again

without expiration and clear tile switching previos and new data, but not refresh and after while it switching 2 old data

Have anybody any other solution? Another tiles from other work perfectly, for example clock (how it works?).

Thanks too much for replies.

Peter

Thursday, March 19, 2015 9:04 AM