none
I can not access Files and Folders with net use

Question

• I try to map drives with net use t: \\[nameofstorage].file.core.windows.net\[sharename]
    /u:[nameofstarage] [acess key iKkF1...] All I get is system error 53 has occured. The networkpath was not found. I've tried to ping [nameofstorage].file.core.windows.net and it replies just fine
    Monday, June 20, 2016 10:54 AM

All replies

• Does the storage key start with a "/" ? I had this issue when it started with a /. I used the other storage key and it worked. Are you sure your network isn't blocking the external smb connection?

If this post was helpful, please click the up arrow or propose as answer.

Monday, June 20, 2016 11:05 AM
  • Hi Nick, no it does not start with a / itstarts with se....... My network does not block external smb
    Monday, June 20, 2016 11:18 AM
  • Hello,

Thank you for posting your question on Microsoft TechNet.

Here you find Naming and Referencing Shares, Directories, Files, and Metadata :

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn167011.aspx

Hope this information is helpful.

Best Regards,

@Jamesvandenberg
    ---------------------------------------------
    (Ps. If this information is helpful, please mark you question as answered for the community.)

Monday, June 20, 2016 11:26 AM
  • Hi James, no it does not start with illegal char. I can ping the url and it resolves to an IP.
    Monday, June 20, 2016 11:35 AM
  • What OS is your client running? Have you tried mapping it with the different storage key? (You should have 2)

Monday, June 20, 2016 11:39 AM
  • Client os is windows 10 enterprise. Yes I tried with both pri and sec key. The error looks like this:

System error 53 has occurred.

The network path was not found.

Monday, June 20, 2016 12:35 PM
  • Perhaps onprem computers can't map azure storage, perhaps only virtual servers can map drives to storage
    Monday, June 20, 2016 12:41 PM
  • From my corporate network I can't map azure file services (Win 7). But using the same command I can map it from a standalone non domain joined machine in a different network (Win 10).

Monday, June 20, 2016 9:32 PM
  • Hi,

Windows 7 does not support SMB 3.0, so you would not be able to map to an Azure File Share on a Windows 7 machine. The whole list of what's supported (including Windows 10) is here:

https://azure.microsoft.com/documentation/articles/storage-dotnet-how-to-use-files/#mount-the-file-share

Error 53 is usually caused by that port not being open. If you connect to the internet through work, can you confirm that your company does not block port 445 (most do) ? And if you connect to the internet through an ISP, can you confirm that they don't block port 445 (most do) ?

Robin

Sr. Content Developer at Microsoft

Thursday, June 30, 2016 7:53 PM