SharePoint Cross WebApplication Lookup Column RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a custom lookup field. The column extends the default SharePoint Lookup column properties by adding extra fields in the custom editor control. The target is to create a lookup column based on any list available accross any web application in the farm. The problem is that after creating the column based on this field, in the newform.aspx or editform.aspx the the column is displayed with all the values in the lookup column dropdown but after saving, the lookup value is not getting stored. This happen only when the lookup list is in any other webapplication(or content database). If the list is in the current web application(content database) it works perfectly. I searched through google found through some article that lookup field has a limitation to work within a webapplication(content database). I Just want to confirm if this is the case or there is some workaround available. Below is a snap shot for my field editor control.

reference : http://stefan-stanev-sharepoint-blog.blogspot.co.uk/2009/04/how-to-use-lookup-field-across.html

CrossSiteColumn

Monday, September 10, 2012 10:40 AM

Answers

All replies