none
Stable SQL Server

Question

• Hi All

Am working on an financial product development company. And currently they are running with SQL Server 2008 R2. And we had planned to implement Table Partitioning to Archive the old Data.

And in the mean time we found that Table Partitioning is a Standard edition Feature in SQL Server 2016 SP1 where in , this is a Enterprise edition feature in earlier versions.

Now they we have a Question that is SQL server 2016 SP1 is stable? So that we can suggest to go for SQL Server 2016 SP1 for new customers.

Thanks

Revathi

Friday, April 28, 2017 9:20 AM

All replies

• Hello Revathi,

Service Pack 1 for SQL Server 2016 was release in November 2016 and i didn't heard about/notice any real issue, so yes it's stabil.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Friday, April 28, 2017 9:54 AM
  • Thank you for the reply.

Thanks

Revathi

Friday, April 28, 2017 11:14 AM

• Now they we have a Question that is SQL server 2016 SP1 is stable? So that we can suggest to go for SQL Server 2016 SP1 for new customers.

Thanks

Revathi

If you ask me about product yes it is stable perhaps a lot of good features in SQL Server 2016 which can come handy but you should first check your application performance it should not be like you move to SQL Server 2016 for partitioning and overall performance goes down. Normally it should not affect but just in case

Cheers,

Shashank

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

Friday, April 28, 2017 11:54 AM