none
BingMap v8 viewchangeend triggered too many time RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When using the v8 bing maps control on an iPhone 6S (thats what we have observed at least using safari browser), the viewchangeend event is being triggered as many times as the viewchange event occurs. Is this a known issue? Is there a know workaround for this?

Thanks

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 7:08 AM

Answers

• This is the first time I've heard of this one, and I'm not able to reproduce it using this sample: https://www.bing.com/api/maps/sdkrelease/mapcontrol/isdk#mapViewEvents+JS Try this sample to see if you can reproduce. If you can, let me know and I'll log a bug for the team to investigate. If it doesn't reproducible, then the issue is likely with your application code. In this case, provide a code block that shows your events wired up.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 5:27 PM
  • Hi thanks for you prompt answer.

I think I forgot to mention that it only happens with the pinch-zoom (panning is fine). And it probably worth mentioning that it only happens to me on the actual device iPhone 6S, if I emulate iphone using Chrome it doesn't have the problem.

Also, I found out that using addThrottledHandler I can get around the issue.

I will also re-check our code, but it is very simple we just add the handler for viewchangeend once.

Thanks again.

Thursday, May 18, 2017 7:24 AM

All replies

• This is the first time I've heard of this one, and I'm not able to reproduce it using this sample: https://www.bing.com/api/maps/sdkrelease/mapcontrol/isdk#mapViewEvents+JS Try this sample to see if you can reproduce. If you can, let me know and I'll log a bug for the team to investigate. If it doesn't reproducible, then the issue is likely with your application code. In this case, provide a code block that shows your events wired up.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 5:27 PM
  • Hi thanks for you prompt answer.

I think I forgot to mention that it only happens with the pinch-zoom (panning is fine). And it probably worth mentioning that it only happens to me on the actual device iPhone 6S, if I emulate iphone using Chrome it doesn't have the problem.

Also, I found out that using addThrottledHandler I can get around the issue.

I will also re-check our code, but it is very simple we just add the handler for viewchangeend once.

Thanks again.

Thursday, May 18, 2017 7:24 AM