Creation of Storage account takes forever RRS feed

• Question

• Creation of Storage account takes forever if i try to create one with similar one that was deleted from my account an hour back.

Is their any specific time that I have to wait before creating a new storage account with a similar name that was deleted from my account?

I am using scripts here for creation

Ismail Ahmed Syed | Solutions Architect| "Small things make perfection but perfection is not a small thing"

Saturday, April 20, 2013 4:51 PM

Answers

• Deletion of storage account is an asynchronous process...the request is queued and processed. It can take anything between 2 minutes to 24 hours+...depending the number of request in the queue and the size of storage. You may try 3rd party product to clean-up data within storage account instead of delete-recreate process. Wait for sometime and try again. Also, there is a possibility of the same name be commissioned to someone else in the meantime...a risk with delete-recreate approach. You can also get in touch with Windows Azure Support if you are pretty certain of uniqueness of your storage account and still face challenge after waiting for sometime.
    Saturday, April 20, 2013 7:25 PM

All replies

• Deletion of storage account is an asynchronous process...the request is queued and processed. It can take anything between 2 minutes to 24 hours+...depending the number of request in the queue and the size of storage. You may try 3rd party product to clean-up data within storage account instead of delete-recreate process. Wait for sometime and try again. Also, there is a possibility of the same name be commissioned to someone else in the meantime...a risk with delete-recreate approach. You can also get in touch with Windows Azure Support if you are pretty certain of uniqueness of your storage account and still face challenge after waiting for sometime.
    Saturday, April 20, 2013 7:25 PM
  • Windows Azure Storage clean-up old data when recreating storage account - meaning the more existing data left in deleted storage, longer recreation will take. Depends on server loading this can takes minutes to days.

Like saransh77 suggested, try to clean-up data in the storage account instead of delete and recreate.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 3:20 AM
  • If you use a storage container name that is different, it won't take a long time.

If you create a new container, using the same name as the storage container that was just deleted, it seems that the creation process will wait until the prior storage container has been fully handled (deleted), before it creates the new one.

Friday, May 22, 2015 7:49 AM