Using any other way to store the error message or exception message then XREF project RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

In my application i am receiving the response from the end system with error code and inside transform i needs to map the error code with error message and send the message back to the source system with error code and description to implement there are number of way to do.

1) Store Key value pair in SSO DB and read it from there. - as biz-talk architect not want to use this approach.

2) Use XREF - Key Value pair. - there is limitation of number of charter to use this.

3) Using resource file store value in there - not sure how to implement this - tried using dot-net Resource file but it's lengthy process and got error - i was referring - http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/9209/Generating-String-Resource-Accessors-for-NET.

I want a method to which i will pass the code and it will reply back to me a error string.

is there other way to implement this ? it should be light wight and should be easy to implement in transform.

Thanks.......

Thanks and Regards, Nitin.

Friday, November 6, 2015 4:57 AM

Answers

• How often do these error messages change?  Sometimes is not really bad to just hard code the mapping.

If the table of codes is large, then sure, you need some other approach.  SSO isn't really the best option, and BRE for similar reasons, though BRE would be better for this than SSO.

You best option is probably still storing the lookup table as a .Net Resource and loading it into a static collection for use in the Map.  .Net Resources work so you just need to debug it until you find the problem.  Don't give up.

• Proposed as answer by Angie Xu Monday, November 16, 2015 2:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Monday, November 16, 2015 2:39 AM
    Friday, November 6, 2015 12:57 PM

All replies

• Use BRE to get ur description based on the code.

U can have rules for each code. With addition of error code it would be easy to add or edit or remove.

Regards <br/> When you see answers and helpful posts,<br/> please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Friday, November 6, 2015 7:31 AM
    Answerer
  • How often do these error messages change?  Sometimes is not really bad to just hard code the mapping.

If the table of codes is large, then sure, you need some other approach.  SSO isn't really the best option, and BRE for similar reasons, though BRE would be better for this than SSO.

You best option is probably still storing the lookup table as a .Net Resource and loading it into a static collection for use in the Map.  .Net Resources work so you just need to debug it until you find the problem.  Don't give up.

• Proposed as answer by Angie Xu Monday, November 16, 2015 2:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Monday, November 16, 2015 2:39 AM
    Friday, November 6, 2015 12:57 PM

Yaa Johns,

I am still working on this. 

This error messsages are like 50 msgs and different msg for difrent operation.

If any one have more inputs on this (storing the lookup table as a .Net Resource and loading it into a static collection for use in the Map)

please share it.

Thanks and Regards, Nitin.

Thursday, November 19, 2015 4:18 AM