none
Optional section hide and display options

Question

• Hi, I'm using INFOPATH 2013 and publishing to SPO Document Library.

I have 6 optional sections, each of these sections have one page to multiple pages of content.  The current Optional Section default is providing a line of text for users to click on to insert the section.  The problem with this is these lines of text gets hard to locate on the form depending on which order of these sections the users decided to select to insert/display.

I want to provide users with option to choose which section they want to insert or display and enter the data for those section(s).  What would be the best way to implement this and if there is a url for how to implement this would be great!

Thank you.

Thank you

Monday, March 27, 2017 6:37 PM

Answers

• Hi laJasmine- I suggest you set up views instead of sections. You could either have buttons they click to go to a certain view, or use rules to switch views depending on some input.

cameron rautmann

• Marked as answer by laJasmine Tuesday, March 28, 2017 5:51 PM
    Tuesday, March 28, 2017 5:24 PM

All replies

• Hi laJasmine,

You can right click the Optional Section and click “Section Properties” to customize the hint text that users click to insert the optional section.

To learn more about option section in InfoPath, read the article below:

https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/Insert-an-optional-section-6dc303fc-d417-4f74-9d36-c9774d050643

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 8:31 AM
  • HI,

That is the current configuration that I have.  The problem with this is that I have 6 optional sections.  If the user selects the 2nd or 3rd section to insert first then the "Click here to insert" would be push down as it doesn't stay on top.  If user then selects the 5th section then it gets even messier.  The 4th section's "Click here to insert"  would be difficult to find between these sections.  I'm seeking a better way to implement this.

Thank you.

Thank you

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 4:03 PM
  • Hi laJasmine- I suggest you set up views instead of sections. You could either have buttons they click to go to a certain view, or use rules to switch views depending on some input.

cameron rautmann

• Marked as answer by laJasmine Tuesday, March 28, 2017 5:51 PM
    Tuesday, March 28, 2017 5:24 PM