Possible UAC issue? Can't access "User" folders when signed in as admin. RRS feed

• Question

• So I am having some trouble with this. I have one admin user, and 2 regular users (plus a guest account).

I am signed in as Admin, and trying to copy some files over to another user account's "documents" folder. I browse to C/Users and I see all the user's listed there. I click on one of them, and it says I need to get permission to access the folder. The box pops up, I click continue, and then it just hangs there. It never actually opens the folder.

If I turn UAC off, I can access the folders just fine.

Any idea how I'd go about fixing this?

This is in Vista Home Premium 32 bit, on a fresh out of warranty Compaq laptop.
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 12:12 AM

All replies

• Are you comfortable with doing this from the command-line? Find cmd.exe (or "Command Prompt") in the Start menu, right-click, and select Run as administrator. If you cd (and then copy stuff) into the user folders that way, there shouldn't be any UAC issues.
    Monday, August 3, 2009 11:47 PM
  • Are you comfortable with doing this from the command-line? Find cmd.exe (or "Command Prompt") in the Start menu, right-click, and select Run as administrator. If you cd (and then copy stuff) into the user folders that way, there shouldn't be any UAC issues.

I ended up reinstalling Windows, so the issue is taken care of now. Thanks though.
    • Proposed as answer by Fisnik Hasani Friday, August 14, 2009 10:29 AM
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 1:07 AM