Handlers Not Activated On IIS RRS feed

• Question

• User-395871050 posted

It is working fine on Development Server Cassini but doesn't work on IIS5.0 and 5.5

I have two distinct handler one for appending cache headers other for creating localized json resource objects

the app is working fine on cassini the built in webserver but the handlers doesnt seem to be activated on IIS I tested on vs2005 Win2K and Win2003 

Friday, February 2, 2007 12:10 PM

Answers

• User-158764254 posted

by default, cassini handles all requests regardless of the extension.  on the other hand, IIS only maps requests for specific file extensions to the aspnet_isapi.dll.

usually, you would use the .ashx extension when calling a handler as the .ashx extension has already been mapped to go to asp.net.  If you've decided to use an alternate extension, then you will need to configure IIS to map that extension to asp.net

this article explains a little more: http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/020404-1.aspx

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, February 2, 2007 11:05 PM

All replies

• User-158764254 posted

by default, cassini handles all requests regardless of the extension.  on the other hand, IIS only maps requests for specific file extensions to the aspnet_isapi.dll.

usually, you would use the .ashx extension when calling a handler as the .ashx extension has already been mapped to go to asp.net.  If you've decided to use an alternate extension, then you will need to configure IIS to map that extension to asp.net

this article explains a little more: http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/020404-1.aspx

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, February 2, 2007 11:05 PM
  • User-395871050 posted
    Thanks your suggession worked flawlessly every thing worked as soon as i routed the extensions through asp.net dll
    Tuesday, February 6, 2007 4:37 AM