Postsharp Visual Studio 2010 IDE crash after compile RRS feed

• Question

• I have the following problem:

I wrote a logging aspect with Postsharp, everything works like a charm, except when I have a Winform open in the designer and compile a project. After the successfull compile the Winformdesigner shows the following error:

[A]IIS5.Util.Logger.TraceLoggingAttribute cannot be cast to [B]IIS5.Util.Logger.TraceLoggingAttribute. Type A originates from 'IIS5.Util.Logger, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' in the context 'LoadNeither' at location 'C:\Users\SR\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\ProjectAssemblies\-pcdmdy301\IIS5.Util.Logger.dll'. Type B originates from 'IIS5.Util.Logger, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' in the context 'LoadNeither' at location 'C:\Users\SR\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\ProjectAssemblies\cccqoc8l01\IIS5.Util.Logger.dll'. 

and the IDE crashes.

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 4:13 PM

Answers

• Hi Fortis,

It seems that an error about a third-party framework throws errors in design time. From the errors, there might be the confusion of the referencing libraries. You need to readd the references and rebuild the project. You can follow the document below to debug the issue further:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms996457.aspx

Let me know if this does not help.
    Aland Li

Please mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark if they don't. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Aland Li Monday, May 3, 2010 12:13 PM
    Monday, April 26, 2010 1:34 PM