Add a project template in Visual Studio Isolated Shell Application RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to add a template in my Isolated Shell Application with no success. After a week reading articles and tried many different ways, any of them worked. All the answers I have found are old and they don't work in VS2015. I didn't find any "step-by-step" tutorial. Actually, Isolated Shell is very undocumented. I found so many developers asking the same question and many of them gave up. :(

I really appreciate any answer.

Thanks

Sunday, March 5, 2017 1:31 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Rodrigo Bruscain,

The following blog provide a method, which added a post build event to the VSPackage to copy the template archives, like so:

xcopy /I /Y /F $(TargetDir)ProjectTemplates\*.zip  $(SolutionDir)$(ConfigurationName)\ProjectTemplates

For more information, please refer to:

http://isolation-nation.blogspot.sg/2013/07/adding-project-template-to-vs-isolated.html

Best regards,

Cole Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 6, 2017 8:40 AM
  • Hi Cole,

I have followed this link. My project is running ok, MPF loaded, project template zipped and so on. But, my template does not show up.

Rod

Tuesday, March 7, 2017 11:58 PM
  • I already check the register and my project is in there. I copied the zip files under the directories that I have seen in different posts but, my templates still doesn't show up. I really don't understand how it is so complicated. :(

Has someone using VS2015 Isolated Shell successfully with templates ?

Thursday, March 9, 2017 12:01 PM
  • I found The Project System Extensibility and it has been working good.

Saturday, April 8, 2017 11:24 PM