none
Error accessing COM components RRS feed

• Question

• I build a Word AddIn and everything works fine if Word is running with as administrator.
    But when I ran my addin without administrator rules there are two common exceptions accessing Ribbon elements:

Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'Microsoft.Office.Core.IRibbonUI'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{000C03A7-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}' failed due to the following error:  could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80030002 (STG_E_FILENOTFOUND)).
           at Microsoft.Office.Core.IRibbonUI.InvalidateControl(String ControlID)

This control is called by:

ribbon.InvalidateControl("control-id");

And accessing Word control:

Unable to cast COM object of type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.ApplicationClass' to interface type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word._Application'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{00020970-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}' failed due to the following error:  could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80030002 (STG_E_FILENOTFOUND)).
           at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.ApplicationClass.get_Selection()

This error occurs on the last line:

object wdStory = Word.WdUnits.wdStory;    
    object wdMove = Word.WdMovementType.wdMove;
    WrdApp.Selection.EndKey(ref wdStory, ref wdMove)

How can I fix this problem?

Victor Emanuel

Thursday, October 18, 2012 4:58 PM

Answers

All replies