Specific layout RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to build up an AGL graph to represent some things in assemblies.

http://twitpic.com/3orsyn/full is a current graph. Everything looks pretty good but I would like to have the first 2 nodes appear to the left of the green node (not to the right). Everything else in the graph looks perfect ....

There is almost always things that will come to the left of that central node (I guess another way of explaining it is that I want it as a "center" node in a left->right graph

Thanks in advance,

Greg

Monday, January 10, 2011 2:06 PM

Answers

• Sorry, there are no plans to put the sources to CodePlex. Thanks, Lev
    Lev Nachmanson
    Saturday, May 14, 2011 5:48 AM
  • Hi Lev,

Is an updated version of AGL going to be in VS2011 ?  I've used this over the years for architecture modelling and it's invaluable.  Will this become integrated with Trinity (http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/projects/trinity/) for rendering output directly from the Trinity DB?

The only missing pieces are being able to put layers/grouping into place, to force clustering of sets of objects, potentially forcing their graphical layout and also the ability to tune/improve the output graphical rendering which always seems a bit poor.  

But, still invaluable for rendering complex relationships within massive infrastructure & data.

Best Regards,

Justin.

Justin B
    • Marked as answer by Lev Nachmanson Wednesday, December 21, 2011 8:33 PM
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 11:51 AM
  • Hi Justin,

AGL is going to be in VS2011 Professional and Ultimate versions this time, with many improvements. It is not going to be in Trinity. Thank you for your input. We are working toward those goals, and some of them will be achieved in the new release.

Lev

Lev Nachmanson
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 8:33 PM

All replies

• Sorry Greg,

Constraints are not supported.

Lev

Lev Nachmanson
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 6:54 PM
  • Thanks Lev

I will try to do a color coding to make it more obvious what is happening. Is there a plan to offer support for this in the future?

Greg

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 9:52 PM
  • I'm copying the answer from another post.

The project is not dead but rather consumed by internal Microsoft products like Visual Studio. I am sorry to inform you that no further MSAGL updates are planned currently, although the feature that you are requesting has been implemented.
    Thanks,
    Lev

Lev Nachmanson
    Wednesday, January 12, 2011 12:37 AM
  •  

Hi Lev,

Will you then please CodePlex the source?

The edge routing algorithm and the C# implementation, in my opinion, are the golden nuggets of MSAGL.  I'd like to update the rest of the library for my own purposes of web-based imagery, higher resolution images, more/optimized formatting options, and C# generics while making use of your excellent node layout and edge routing algorithms.

Thanks,

Jason

Tuesday, February 8, 2011 7:00 PM
  • +1!
    Wednesday, February 16, 2011 4:04 PM
  • Sorry, there are no plans to put the sources to CodePlex. Thanks, Lev
    Lev Nachmanson
    Saturday, May 14, 2011 5:48 AM
  • Hi Lev,

Is an updated version of AGL going to be in VS2011 ?  I've used this over the years for architecture modelling and it's invaluable.  Will this become integrated with Trinity (http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/projects/trinity/) for rendering output directly from the Trinity DB?

The only missing pieces are being able to put layers/grouping into place, to force clustering of sets of objects, potentially forcing their graphical layout and also the ability to tune/improve the output graphical rendering which always seems a bit poor.  

But, still invaluable for rendering complex relationships within massive infrastructure & data.

Best Regards,

Justin.

Justin B
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 11:51 AM
  • Hi Justin,

AGL is going to be in VS2011 Professional and Ultimate versions this time, with many improvements. It is not going to be in Trinity. Thank you for your input. We are working toward those goals, and some of them will be achieved in the new release.

Lev

Lev Nachmanson
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 8:33 PM