Is there any setting for power pivot to refresh more that 10000 records at one time RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have created a small Excel Power Pivot model just connecting to one of my local database table. The data is retrieving data from one or more table (no complex queries) just simple mapping to data base tables.

My tables have potentially many records (in range of more than 5 million records). when I say refresh in my excel, in the status bar of excel that at one time only 10000 records are imported.

I am not sure how the PowerPivot model retrieves the records in batches ? Because of I am calling a Stored procedure in remote server also, it imports 10000 records per time , but this time the interval between imports is higher.

What I want to know is if there is anyway I can increase this limit (say 50000) records per time ?

Any pointers would help.

- Girija

Please mark responses as answered if it helped you.. This helps others... - Girija Shankar Beuria

Tuesday, April 5, 2016 6:34 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Girija,

I am not aware that there is any limitation in count of records per refresh. You can easily load several millions of rows into Power Pivot.

Does this happens in all PowerPivot workbooks / all imported tables?

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Friday, April 8, 2016 2:24 PM
  • Yes it does. It loads million of records for the refresh but only 10K rows in each batch. My question is not that it can not load million of records, but when we refresh, it only refreshes 10K rows per batch.

For example :  let say my query return 100K , if you click refresh on excel work book you would see (on bottom status), it says 10000 rows, 20000 rows, 30000 rows etc...

What I am surprised is that for local database (database in same machine) also it accesses only 10K rows per one time.

- Girija

Please mark responses as answered if it helped you.. This helps others... - Girija Shankar Beuria

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 11:00 AM
  • Girija, have you made any progress with this?

You can send a Frown to the Power Pivot team if you run into any more troubles. Thanks!

Ed Price, Azure Development Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Sunday, October 30, 2016 10:51 AM