none
GPO User Policy not applied when using FSLogix profile container used RRS feed

• Question

• I"m setting up an RDS farm with server 2016 and trying out FSLogix Profile containers without any success.

The user's FSLogix profile disk is created and mounted as expected and the user is able to log into the RDS session server.

However, the user portion of GPO is not applied. If you type "gpresult /v" the result is:

INFO: The User does not have RSoP data.

If I log into the same RDS session server with a user that is in the FSLogix exclude list, no profile disk is mounted, and the user portion of the GPO is processed correctly as expected.

What's going on and how do I fix this? If i cannot push GPO User Policy when using FSLogix profiles, i don't see how they are useful at all, so obviously i must be missing some basic configuration.

Monday, December 23, 2019 5:11 AM

All replies

• I"m setting up an RDS farm with server 2016 and trying out FSLogix Profile containers without any success.

The user's FSLogix profile disk is created and mounted as expected and the user is able to log into the RDS session server.

However, the user portion of GPO is not applied. If you type "gpresult /v" the result is:

INFO: The User does not have RSoP data.

If I log into the same RDS session server with a user that is in the FSLogix exclude list, no profile disk is mounted, and the user portion of the GPO is processed correctly as expected.

What's going on and how do I fix this? If i cannot push GPO User Policy when using FSLogix profiles, i don't see how they are useful at all, so obviously i must be missing some basic configuration.

This is not an issue that I have seen before or have had reported.  We will need to collect logs, and investigate to understand what is happening.  Have you opened a support case yet?  That would the right way for us to get the needed information.

• Edited by Brian Mann1 Monday, December 23, 2019 8:21 PM
    Monday, December 23, 2019 8:21 PM
  • I'm experiencing somewhat similar behavior, although in a VMware Horizon Windows 10 2019 LTSC environment.

In general a user enabled for FSLogix will get the "INFO: The User does not have RSoP data".  However I've noticed that if I actually implement a new user GPO, on that first logon, the RSoP will generate successfully.  I do get a success event ID 1503 that seems to prove it as well.  On subsequent logons I get the error about not having RSoP data.  In my case though I haven't observed that it isn't actually applying policy though since I get a success event ID 1501 normally or a 1503 when I have made a change to policy.

It does appear to be related to FSLogix as I can't reproduce this behavior either when profile disk is not mounted.

Friday, December 27, 2019 7:21 PM
  • We have the same with Windows 10 1809 build in a VMWare Horizon environment. 
    Thursday, January 2, 2020 3:17 PM
  • I'm experiencing somewhat similar behavior, although in a VMware Horizon Windows 10 2019 LTSC environment.

In general a user enabled for FSLogix will get the "INFO: The User does not have RSoP data".  However I've noticed that if I actually implement a new user GPO, on that first logon, the RSoP will generate successfully.  I do get a success event ID 1503 that seems to prove it as well.  On subsequent logons I get the error about not having RSoP data.  In my case though I haven't observed that it isn't actually applying policy though since I get a success event ID 1501 normally or a 1503 when I have made a change to policy.

It does appear to be related to FSLogix as I can't reproduce this behavior either when profile disk is not mounted.

Thank you!  This is not something we have seen before. We will need get some repro information on this, and put someone on it.  I would recommend opening a support case for it so that we can get an engineer assigned to the investigation.
    Friday, January 3, 2020 8:50 PM
  • We have the same with Windows 10 1809 build in a VMWare Horizon environment. 
    I have logged an internal bug for investigation.  But a support ticket would help us raise the priority on it.  Thank you!
    Friday, January 3, 2020 8:51 PM
  • We see the same problem on our Windows Server 2019 Remote Desktop server, using FSLogix Profile Containers.

Best regards,
    Dennis.
    Saturday, January 18, 2020 1:35 PM
  •  I have logged an internal bug for investigation.  But a support ticket would help us raise the priority on it.  Thank you!

I just created a support case.

Best regards,
    Dennis.

Monday, January 20, 2020 8:54 AM
  • We have the same issue within a Windows Server 2016 RDS environment. All policies seem to work, both user and computer policies. However, the following error appears when FSLogix is active. 

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 11:10 AM
  • EDIT:
    This was NOT the solution.

Hi,

I think I forgot to open the firewall ports:

Configure Firewall Port Requirements for Group Policy

Best regards,
    Dennis.

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 10:04 AM
  • Hi,

Any updates on the case?

I use Horizon with AppVolumes, DEM and FSlogix.

When I turn on FSlogix profile, first login is working as expected.

Second one, after opening profile VHD - breaks user GPO -> no other settings are processed.

Is there any patch availabe?

Regards

Michal

Friday, February 7, 2020 10:32 AM
  • Exactly the same issue;

RDS 2016 environment, using FsLogix Profiles

First logon with a user works as usual, subsequent logons - RSoP fails.

PS C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0> gpresult /v
    INFO: The user does not have RSoP data.

Friday, February 7, 2020 11:21 AM
  • Hi!!!

Any progress with support cases? I've created one on VMware side - still waiting...

Regards

Michal

Wednesday, February 12, 2020 9:18 AM
  • I have tested it on two different 2016 Rds' -> same issue

Tested in our 2019 test rds -> no issue

Thursday, February 13, 2020 12:39 PM
  • I am seeing exactly the same issue. I have raised a support case with MS. I thought I was going mad thinking I was unique in this situation until I came across this thread. There is very little out there on this which surprises me.
    Monday, February 17, 2020 9:20 AM
  • We have created a support case too.

Im seeing the same issue on server 2019 as well.

4 hours 1 minutes ago