REST API access to One Drive for business and 401 Unauthorized RRS feed

• Question

• I am using the REST API to access OneDrive for business from a desktop PC.  I am logging in to Office 365 OK and getting and getting the access token etc through the REST API.

I can get folder listings and download files using the REST API just fine.  When I try to upload a file or delete a file I am getting a 401 Unauthorized message.

Are there permissions maybe that would stop me doing this?

When logging on I have tried various scope settings like Site.Read, Site.Write, Site.Manage etc but these seem to make no difference.

Thursday, June 19, 2014 2:49 PM

All replies

• used this great article by Wictor Wilén explaining how to do active authentication to Office 365 and SharePoint Online using WCF.

http://allthatjs.com/2012/03/28/remote-authentication-in-sharepoint-online/

If this helped you resolve your issue, please mark it Answered

Friday, June 20, 2014 6:55 AM
  • Thanks for the article.  I think I am authenticated just fine though because I have the access token and I am able to then make further calls to get folder listings and download files etc.  The problem is when I try to upload a new file or delete a file that I get the 401 Unauthorized error.  That is why I am wondering if I only have read only access and if there is something that controls this?
    Tuesday, June 24, 2014 10:15 AM
  • I think you mean 403 unauthorized, I am getting the same errors. Did you resolve this ?
    Thursday, December 4, 2014 11:06 AM