none
Status of Azure Data Catalog RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.  I have started looking into using Azure data catalog and what I'm seeing is that there has been no work on this service since around mid-2017.  The Azure roadmap ends in August 2017 and the last blog entry I can find regarding new capabilities is from May 2017.

What is the future of this service?

Sincerely,

Mike M.

Mike

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 4:33 AM

Answers

• Microsoft is currently working on an update to Azure Data Catalog to ensure that it is designed from the ground up to support the modern data warehouse design pattern. Customers can use Azure Data Catalog as is today and should expect more details on the update to the service in the coming months.

Regards,

Jennifer Stevens [MSFT]

Thursday, September 20, 2018 12:20 AM

All replies

• Microsoft is currently working on an update to Azure Data Catalog to ensure that it is designed from the ground up to support the modern data warehouse design pattern. Customers can use Azure Data Catalog as is today and should expect more details on the update to the service in the coming months.

Regards,

Jennifer Stevens [MSFT]

Thursday, September 20, 2018 12:20 AM

Regards,

Jennifer Stevens [MSFT]

I think I saw it mentioned in the Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2 announcements / videos. Will the focus be on being able to keep up with all the various contribution flows to the Lake/Data Factory/Warehouse/Analysis/PowerBI ecosystem? Will we be able to define our own source types? 

Thursday, November 29, 2018 4:14 AM