Arrays GetValue SetValue and RemoveValue RRS feed

• General discussion

• Why would the Intellisense for 0.9 show the GetValue, RemoveValue and SetValue operations under the Array object when these operations haven't been used since 0.4? These operations being shown makes learning arrays to be confusing because they do not work.  With that said I would think that they shouldn't be shown in the Intellisense.
    • Changed type litdev Tuesday, August 17, 2010 10:01 PM Interface version remnant reported
    Saturday, August 7, 2010 10:27 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• These commands are not shown by the intellisense in SmallBasic for me, they remain in the SmallBasicLibrary.xml, and the SmallBasicLibrary.dll, but are depreciated and marked as [HideFromIntellisense] in the assembly.

The following still actually works:

Array.SetValue("A",1,"test")
    TextWindow.WriteLine(Array.GetValue("A",1))

But it is pre v0.5 syntax as you say, and doesn't seem to be compatible with the post v0.5 array assignment methods.  Basically the methods you mention shouldn't appear in the intellisense wheel or object description panel on the right side of the SmallBasic interface, or be used in combination with A[1] = "test" type syntax.

Are you sure they appear in the SmallBasic interface intellisense (wheel or description panel) for you; they do get the dark red colouring if you happen to type them in (they are still valid commands in that they still work as they did pre v0.5).  When a syntax changes it is common to leave the functionality for backwards compatibility reasons, but to hide the options to some extent so that users don't use an old syntax that is superseded.

Saturday, August 7, 2010 11:24 PM
  • Litdev,

If I have a clear graphics screen and type in array on the right side shows the object which shows the orange cube.  Below that is where the commands are shown.  I am using version 0.9.  Do you see those commands there? 

Jricestk

Sunday, August 8, 2010 2:05 AM
    Answerer
  • You are right, when you type Array you do get the options on the right panel, I guess this is an oversight.
    Sunday, August 8, 2010 10:10 AM