none
EDI/AS2 certificate config issue BizTalk Server 2009 RRS feed

• Question

• I have development and production environments configured the same, with certificates installed for encryption and signing.  However, in production when I go to select properties of the Group to add a certificate for signing, I don't see all of my certificates in the Personal folder when I browse there.  It is fine in development but on the production box... I can see all of the certificates installed correctly in the certificates folder on the admin console, yet can't see them in the select dialog box from the Group properties.  Is this some kind of permissions problem? 

Thanks!

Tuesday, November 8, 2011 4:55 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for the input..... it turns out it was a permissions issues of sorts.  I needed to go into MMC and add the certs as the user and service account.  Once I did that... I saw the certs from the group properties.  One more gotcha though.... inspect the certs carefully once they are available.... because I had to do a -repairstore on the signing cert using the certutil command  to get it to work properly ( private key was not there until I did the repairstore ).  All is working fine now though.

Friday, November 11, 2011 1:09 PM

All replies

• Hi

I would ask this issue in a certificaiton forum. I sounds like it is a permission issue.

Torben Christiansen www.snatchedmoments.com
    Friday, November 11, 2011 7:57 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the input..... it turns out it was a permissions issues of sorts.  I needed to go into MMC and add the certs as the user and service account.  Once I did that... I saw the certs from the group properties.  One more gotcha though.... inspect the certs carefully once they are available.... because I had to do a -repairstore on the signing cert using the certutil command  to get it to work properly ( private key was not there until I did the repairstore ).  All is working fine now though.

Friday, November 11, 2011 1:09 PM