Cannot compile node.js project RRS feed

• Question

• User1421620300 posted

Could someone please explain to me why after installing upgrades to Visual studio code for web-pack projects none of my older Angular projects wont compile and have been giving me errors. I was at first not able to get the browser to continue to show then i fixed that. And now i receive Visual studio code command line error that says  Unknown option -'p' i am not familiar with the errors because i am new to Angular 2. Please give clarity! Markus

Saturday, July 21, 2018 7:10 PM

Answers

• User-474980206 posted

first off visual studio code has little to do with your issues. it webpack extension is just intellsense for webpack config files, and a template to create a new one.

it looks like you are using the angular cli tools. the current cli tools use their own webpack install and configuration. I don't use angular, but react instead. I use both webpack projects and react cli projects and they have never interfered with each other. 

I believe if you use angular cli, you should have no webpack.config (or webpack in project). you should get ng build working before using ng serve

anyway you are looking for angular support. try stackoverflow.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, July 24, 2018 12:57 AM

All replies

• User283571144 posted

Hi Markus33,

According to your description, I couldn't understand your issue clearly.

Could you please tell me which command you have used in VS code?

As far as I know, the Nodejs contains the -p opinion as print.

But it is used to evaluate and pinrt.

Best Regards,

Brando

Monday, July 23, 2018 7:14 AM
  • User-474980206 posted

you don't give enough detail to solve. what version of webpack did you use for the old projects. what version did you use for your new angular projects. what did you install int visual studio code? if you are using angular 2, why are you using webpack directly instead of the angular cli?

Monday, July 23, 2018 3:04 PM
  • User1421620300 posted

That was the problem. After i installed web-pack for another style of project that when i encountered error and was not able to compile angular 2 project anymore!

Monday, July 23, 2018 9:59 PM
  • User1421620300 posted

I Use node.js to run the Angular 2 apps. with a command  to compile of ng serve -open Now the issues is the Angular 2 apps wont compile and display the Unknown input p error in node.js console.

Monday, July 23, 2018 10:01 PM
  • User1421620300 posted

To open my projects I use ng serve -open for my Angular 2 projects. But after installing web-pack they wont compile. I am new to web-pack projects, but i invested into some tutorials that i cannot get to run at the current time. I still have to learn more about other types of environments all of which can compiled in Visual studio code. So i have to decide and make decisions about what programs are to be compiled with correct commands and such! Markus.

Monday, July 23, 2018 10:04 PM
  • User-474980206 posted

first off visual studio code has little to do with your issues. it webpack extension is just intellsense for webpack config files, and a template to create a new one.

it looks like you are using the angular cli tools. the current cli tools use their own webpack install and configuration. I don't use angular, but react instead. I use both webpack projects and react cli projects and they have never interfered with each other. 

I believe if you use angular cli, you should have no webpack.config (or webpack in project). you should get ng build working before using ng serve

anyway you are looking for angular support. try stackoverflow.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, July 24, 2018 12:57 AM