[UWP] How to approve ratings and reviews? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My app has a few ratings and reviews but they do not show up in the Windows store. How can I approve them so they would show up in the store? Are the ratings and reviews market specific? If so, is there a way to show them in all markets?

Thanks,

Leszek

Wiki: wbswiki.com

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 2:05 PM

Answers

• Hi Leszek,

Rating and reviews are market specific. Developers can see all of their reviews globally via the Dev Center, but if a review was posted in India, for example, it would only be visible in that market. So if the developer is located in another country/region, it would not be visible.

To see it they would have to set their PC is set to the India region and ensure they are viewing the India store. The developer should be able to see what country the review or rating was posted from via their Dev Center.

Best regards,

Zhendong Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Mattew Wu Tuesday, March 6, 2018 6:00 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Mattew Wu Tuesday, March 6, 2018 6:00 AM
    • Marked as answer by ata6502 Wednesday, March 7, 2018 12:38 PM
    Tuesday, March 6, 2018 5:59 AM

All replies

• Hi Leszek,

If these ratings and reviews showed in the store before but disappeared now, then this may explain it: Microsoft removes reviews from the Store that are written by customers running certain pre-release and Insider builds of Windows 10 . Microsoft do this to reduce the possibility of a negative review that is caused by a problem in a pre-release Windows build.

>>How can I approve them so they would show up in the store?

I am sorry but as far as I know, there is no such option for developers to do so.

Best Regards,

Annie

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 1, 2018 8:08 AM
  • Thanks, Annie for your response.

The ratings and reviews I'm talking about have never showed up in the store. I just can see them when I open the Developer Center's Dashboard (developer.microsoft.com/en-us/dashboard) and then Analytics > Reviews. There are a bunch of reviews and ratings there that I don't see when I open my app in the store. How could it be?

Could you also elaborate on your response to my question, please:

Leszek: How can I approve them so they would show up in the store?

Annie: I am sorry but as far as I know, there is no such option for developers to do so.

If there is no option for developers to approve reviews, who could approve them? Is there an admin who decides what reviews show up in the store? If so, I'd like the reviews displayed in Analytics > Reviews show up in the Windows store.

Thanks,

Leszek

Friday, March 2, 2018 1:46 AM
  • Hi Leszek,

>>If there is no option for developers to approve reviews, who could approve them? Is there an admin who decides what reviews show up in the store?

You could try contacting support to see if they could help by create a support ticket .

Best Regards,

Annie

MSDN Community Support

Friday, March 2, 2018 9:58 AM
  • Hi Annie,

Could you explain, what would be the purpose of the support ticket? I'm really lost at this moment:

1. Do I need to send a support ticket to approve my app's ratings?

2. Do I need to send a support ticket to ask why the ratings do not show up in the store automatically?

Maybe someone in the forum could answer the above questions without sending a support ticket? 

Thanks,

Leszek

Friday, March 2, 2018 4:41 PM
  • Hi Leszek,

Rating and reviews are market specific. Developers can see all of their reviews globally via the Dev Center, but if a review was posted in India, for example, it would only be visible in that market. So if the developer is located in another country/region, it would not be visible.

To see it they would have to set their PC is set to the India region and ensure they are viewing the India store. The developer should be able to see what country the review or rating was posted from via their Dev Center.

Best regards,

Zhendong Wu

MSDN Community Support

• Edited by Mattew Wu Tuesday, March 6, 2018 6:00 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Mattew Wu Tuesday, March 6, 2018 6:00 AM
    • Marked as answer by ata6502 Wednesday, March 7, 2018 12:38 PM
    Tuesday, March 6, 2018 5:59 AM
  • Thank you Zhendong. This answers my question.

Leszek

Wednesday, March 7, 2018 12:38 PM