WSE3 Impersonation by Client Token RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.
    I would like to implement client impersonation in the service side of my application.
    I have done that using a policy config file at the client/service.

On the service side I use:

KerberosToken clientToken = RequestSoapContext.Current.Credentials.UltimateReceiver.GetClientToken<KerberosToken>();
    clientToken.Principal.Identity.Impersonate();

To get the client's token and impersonate.

- This works fine.

The trouble is the config file – the service name (<kerberos targetPrincipal="host/server1"/>) cannot be changed while the client is running, and my client needs to connect to several services.

So I tried to create the Kerberos policy in the code (instead of using the policy config file), but I can't seem to get it work, I get:

WSE910: Security requirements are not satisfied because the security header is not present in the incoming message.

This is the client policy config file:

<policies xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wse/2005/06/policy">
     <extensions>
      <extension name="kerberosSecurity" type="Microsoft.Web.Services3.Design.KerberosAssertion, Microsoft.Web.Services3, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" />
      <extension name="kerberos" type="Microsoft.Web.Services3.Design.KerberosTokenProvider, Microsoft.Web.Services3, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" />
      <extension name="requireActionHeader" type="Microsoft.Web.Services3.Design.RequireActionHeaderAssertion, Microsoft.Web.Services3, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" />
     </extensions>
     <policy name="RemoteTaskSecurity">
      <kerberosSecurity establishSecurityContext="false" renewExpiredSecurityContext="true" requireSignatureConfirmation="false" messageProtectionOrder="SignBeforeEncrypt" requireDerivedKeys="true" ttlInSeconds="300">
       <token>
        <kerberos targetPrincipal="host/server1" impersonationLevel="Impersonation" />
       </token>
       <protection>
        <request signatureOptions="IncludeAddressing, IncludeTimestamp, IncludeSoapBody" encryptBody="true" />
        <response signatureOptions="IncludeAddressing, IncludeTimestamp, IncludeSoapBody" encryptBody="true" />
        <fault signatureOptions="IncludeAddressing, IncludeTimestamp, IncludeSoapBody" encryptBody="false" />
       </protection>
      </kerberosSecurity>
      <requireActionHeader />
     </policy>
    </policies>

This is my code (The relevant parts for passing the Kerberos token):

----------------Client Code Start -----------------

class MyPolicy : Policy
    {
     public RemoteTaskSecurity()
     {
      KerberosAssertion kerberosAssertion = new KerberosAssertion();

kerberosAssertion.KerberosTokenProvider = new KerberosTokenProvider("host/server1", ImpersonationLevel.Impersonation);

this.Assertions.Add(kerberosAssertion);
      }
    }

class client : SoapClient
    {
     Public client
    {
       base.SetPolicy(new MyPolicy());
      }
    }

----------------Client Code End -----------------

I think (hope) I'm on the right way, but obviously I am missing some sections such as "protection".

Can anyone help?

10x,
    Alex.

Thursday, May 18, 2006 7:13 AM

All replies

• This is how we do it (special 10x to Lior Rozner and Lutz Roeder):

class MyPolicy : Policy
    {
     public MyPolicy()
     {
        KerberosAssertion kerberosAssertion = new KerberosAssertion();

string
    targetPrincipal = "host/server1";
        kerberosAssertion.KerberosTokenProvider = new KerberosTokenProvider(targetPrincipal, ImpersonationLevel.Impersonation);

kerberosAssertion.Protection.Request.SignatureOptions =
    SignatureOptions.IncludeAddressing | SignatureOptions.IncludeTimestamp | SignatureOptions.IncludeSoapBody;
        kerberosAssertion.Protection.Request.EncryptBody =
    true;
        kerberosAssertion.Protection.Response.SignatureOptions =
    SignatureOptions.IncludeAddressing | SignatureOptions.IncludeTimestamp | SignatureOptions.IncludeSoapBody;
        kerberosAssertion.Protection.Response.EncryptBody =
    true;
        kerberosAssertion.Protection.Fault.SignatureOptions =
        kerberosAssertion.Protection.Fault.EncryptBody =
    false;
        kerberosAssertion.RequireDerivedKeys =
    true;

//Add the assertion to the Assertions of the Policy
        this.Assertions.Add(kerberosAssertion);
      }
    }

class client : SoapClient
    {
     Public client
    {