none
Consuming Dynamics AX Service (AIF WCF Service) from BizTalk RRS feed

• Question

• I have got a scenario where I am trying to consume a WCF service published for a local AX Installation from BizTalk

Now I want to query a particular local end point within AX by passing Request Messages to the published service.

If we use the AIF Adapter we can set a context property "Local Endpoint Id" to achieve that but I don't know how do I achieve that when I am supposed to use the AX web service that has been exposed and not through the AIF Adapter.

The only way I see it happenig is through the SOAP Action where we specify the action on the WCF Send Port but no clue on how to do that since the send port binding file was imported directly when I added metadata to cinsume the service.

Any ideas ??

Amit Shukla
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 10:04 AM

Answers

• Hi,

We have a pdf you can use that will get you started.  It walks through consuming the AX sales order service from BizTalk WCF adapter.  I don't believe I can send it through this forum though can you please send me your email address and I send it off to you.

Best regards,
    Becky Newell
    Partner Online Technical Community
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We hope you get value from our new forums platform! Tell us what you think:
    http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/partnerfdbk/threads
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Thursday, March 10, 2011 7:28 PM
  • Apologies for posting so late.

Finally I was able to crack this ( quite some time ago ).

For the benefit of anyone who  might run into similar issue . Please refer to my post here.

Thanks

Amit Shukla
    Wednesday, October 5, 2011 11:31 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I have a first encounter with WCF a combination of  Dynamics Ax 2009 and biztalk 2006 R2. It's the WCF-part that's new to me.                   What exactly do you have to do to get everything you need in your project so you can consume the ax-wcf-service?

I've tried add generated items - consume web service - check metadata files and pointed to the wsdl I've founf for the ax-service.

An orchestration is created and 2 bindingfiles. But in the orchestration all multipart-messages give an error because the message part type is not known.

If I try the same with a 'normal'  WCF-service I don't have that problem...

Has anyone done something like this and point me in the right direction? What am I missing?

Isabelledc

----------------------------------------

update....  If I use MetaData Exchange and point to the URL of the service it seems to be OK.

So.....can someone help on how to go further creating the message axapta expects?

Kind regards Isabelledc
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 11:59 AM
  • Hello and thank you for inquire.  It has been routed to an incorrect group.  However, I am collaborating with the right group and as soon as they respond I will update this forum.

Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards, Imelda
    Thursday, March 10, 2011 5:57 PM
  • Hi,

We have a pdf you can use that will get you started.  It walks through consuming the AX sales order service from BizTalk WCF adapter.  I don't believe I can send it through this forum though can you please send me your email address and I send it off to you.

Best regards,
    Becky Newell
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thursday, March 10, 2011 7:28 PM
  • Hello,

if you could provide me with any example that would be very helpfull. 

I'm specifically interested in a way for customizing the soap-header so we can dynamically set source ,destination and action.

isabelle_de_coninck  at  hotmail.com(nospam)

Kind regards,

Isabelle

Kind regards Isabelledc
    Monday, March 14, 2011 7:29 AM
  • Thank you for sending in your email address, I will send you what I've got.

Best regards,
    Becky Newell
    Tuesday, March 15, 2011 2:23 PM
  • Apologies for posting so late.

Finally I was able to crack this ( quite some time ago ).

For the benefit of anyone who  might run into similar issue . Please refer to my post here.

Thanks

Amit Shukla
    Wednesday, October 5, 2011 11:31 AM