none
ULTIMATE PROBLEM Rush!!! RRS feed

• General discussion

• I get this error message when I install it, by the way its .NET Framework V 3.5

I tried to follow the topics I read using google to uninstall the past .NET Framework but I could not see any in the Add/Remove Programs, I tried to use the "Run" and I opened HLOCAL KEY something like that and below it has .NET Framework it means there is a .NET Framework in my computer. Please help me thankyou
    • Changed type YiChun Chen Monday, May 4, 2009 2:20 AM Do not follow up
    Saturday, April 25, 2009 5:21 PM

All replies

• You need to be on an administrator account, you need to have administrator privileges and you need full write access to all the folders where .NET Framework 3.5 is installing. When the error occured, it probably came up with a that "Please tell Microsoft about this error" or something, did it? Is there any sign of an error report?
    Saturday, April 25, 2009 10:20 PM
  • Hi, try to download another .netframework 3.5 sp1
    Hope This One Can Help.
    Thanks
    To Be Happy Is To Be YourSelf
    Please remember to mark my reply as Proposed as Answers if it's the answer to your question.
    Monday, April 27, 2009 5:27 AM
  • Hi Bon Jovi-,

When the .NET Framework is installed as a part of the OS, it does not appear in the Programs and Features (or Add/Remove Programs) control panel.
    In Vista, it includes the .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0 as OS components.
    For Vista SP1, it includes the .NET Framework 2.0 SP1 and 3.0 SP1 as OS components.

Could you please use Verification tool to verify .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0 on your machine? This tool is designed to automatically perform a set of steps to verify the installation state of one or more versions of the .NET Framework on a computer.
    See: http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/pages/8999004.aspx

If either of them is failed to be verified, please try repairing .NET Framework via the following blog:
    How to repair the .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0 on Windows Vista

If both of them can be verified successfully, try downloading and installing .NET Framework 3.5. If the issue still exists, could you please try to help me to use collect tool to collect the log files of .NET Framework 3.5 from your "%temp%" folder?
    http://blogs.msdn.com/heaths/archive/2008/05/09/visual-studio-and-net-log-collection-utility.aspx

Then compress them into a zip file and post a link back. You can upload your log files to SkyDrive and post the link back here.

Steps:
    - Try to clean your "%temp%" folder
    - Install .NET Framework 3.5
    - Collect the logs from "%temp%" folder

Thanks

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Monday, April 27, 2009 10:16 AM
  • Hi Bon Jovi-,

We are changing the issue type to “Comment” because you have not followed up with the necessary information. If you have more time to look at the issue and provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to “Question” by editing your initial post and changing the radio button at the top of the post editor window. If the issue is resolved, we will appreciate it if you can share the solution so that the answer can be found and used by other community members having similar questions.

Thank you!
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Monday, May 4, 2009 2:20 AM