none
Assign a Task to multiple users with additional column to all Tasks - SharePoint Designer Workflow 2013

Question

• Hi,

I want to create workflow Tasks that has been assigned to multiple users and in each Task, I want to add some additional field value(Current item field value). I have created the workflow that will assign a task to multiple users but I don't have any idea to add additional field value to that workflow task.

Is it possible to add additional field value to the Tasks list from the workflow Tasks.

FYI - I am using SharePoint 2013 Workflow and Start a Task Process action. 

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 5:41 AM

All replies

• Hi TrimantraLLP,

Do you mean that you want to set a column value for each item which generate in an approval workflow in workflow tasks list?

TaskID which generate when add “assign a  task” action is the GUID of relevant task in the workflow tasks list.

In order to match the list item with the workflow tasks list item, we need to obtain the TaskID of each task, so I suggest you using “Assign a task” action for each user. And then use “update list item” action to update the workflow tasks list column value.

The workflow designs as below:

In the “update list item” action,

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, March 16, 2017 6:31 AM
  • Hi TrimantraLLP,

Is there any update?

If the post helps you, you can mark it as answer to help other community members to find the information quickly.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, March 27, 2017 2:16 AM
  • Hi Grace,

So I tried the above but it doesn't really make sense. If using the "Start a task process" action, tasks are auto created for multiple people, so you wouldn't be able to find their new Task IDs and then make an edit to an additional field without some sort of loop correct?

Does your suggestion only work when the recipients of the new task are pre-known? For mine, there's an Initiation Form where the PM puts in the recipients when they start the workflow so I can't hardcode their names.

Friday, July 28, 2017 7:21 PM
  • Hi Grace, just wanted to check in and see if you might have a follow up on the above? Or do I need to repost as my own question?
    Monday, August 14, 2017 9:00 PM