none
Failure to create an Access 2016 web app with Office 365 sharepoint site RRS feed

• Question

• I am a site owner for an Office 365 sharepoint site we have created yesterday.  All day yesterday, I had no problem creating, modifying, and deploying changes to access web apps within the site.  As of today, I go into site contents and create an access web app, and when I then attempt to modify via the page that states "Well done! You've successfully created an Access app. Now it's time to start designing. Start by adding some tables in Access.  Open this app in Access to start adding tables.",  Access opens and consistently presents the error message "An error occurred while attempting to connect to the server [my namespace-dbinstancename on sharepoint.com]'.  Check the spelling of the server name.  If it is correct, please contact your system administrator or technical support."

I have a separate Office 365 site that I have not had any issue continuing to perform Access Web App modifications to today, so this appears isolated to the particular sharepoint site.  No modifications to security/settings have been made since things were working yesterday.

After 5 different attempts via IM and phone support with Microsoft Sharepoint and Office support teams whom repeatedly redirected me to different teams (including each other), I am attempting to find a solution here.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Sunday, March 13, 2016 12:19 AM

All replies

• Hi, Steve Fergus

This forum is for developers mainly discussing issues about Office add-in, to fix this issue, I suggest that you can reopen a new thread in Stack Overflow tag your question with [Office365] and [API].

The reason why I recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and Office 365 developer team will also monitor the tag regularly. 

Hope it is helpful.

Regards

Deepak

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. <br/> Click <a href="http://support.microsoft.com/common/survey.aspx?showpage=1&scid=sw%3Ben%3B3559&theme=tech"> HERE</a> to participate the survey.

Monday, March 14, 2016 1:32 AM