The value was too large to fit in the output column RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to import XML data from XML source to SQL table. The XML file usually contains more than 100 records.

The issue is, I am getting an error message "The value was too large to fit in the output column
    " whenever I try to execute the package. Usually, I have problem with only one column, the column data type is integer, I have tried with all the types of integer data types and nvarchar too but the data is not loading instead getting above error message.

Usually the particular column doesn’t have complete records. I mean to say if the file has 100 records that column may have 10, 20 or 50 records and remaining rows are blank. If I remove that column other columns get loaded properly.

I have tried editing data types of input/output columns in advanced editor but didn’t help.

Could anyone help me to fix this issue? Please let me know if you need anymore clarification.

-Madhu

Friday, November 13, 2009 10:45 PM

Answers

• Please try to use NTEXT or CLOB in that they have no hard size limit.
    Let us TRY this | Don’t forget to mark the post(s) that answered your question
    • Marked as answer by MadhuSM Saturday, November 14, 2009 1:15 AM
    Friday, November 13, 2009 11:07 PM

All replies

• Please try to use NTEXT or CLOB in that they have no hard size limit.
    Let us TRY this | Don’t forget to mark the post(s) that answered your question
    • Marked as answer by MadhuSM Saturday, November 14, 2009 1:15 AM
    Friday, November 13, 2009 11:07 PM
  • Hi,

Could you tell me any more fixes for this issue?

Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Madhu
    Monday, November 16, 2009 10:15 PM