none
5010 997 RRS feed

• Question

• Does Biztalk 2010 generate a 5010 997 file in acknowledgement to 5010 837P/I when configured in the party agreement to produce a 997 and TA1?

I need a direct answer on the capability so that I can then further discover whether I just have something configured incorrectly or whether biztalk does not meet my needs out of the box and that I will have to build a custom pipeline to handle this requirement.

Thanks,

Simon

Thursday, October 27, 2011 12:41 PM

Answers

• I am able to get 997 if enabled from Party Agreements with following filters:

EDI.ISA06 - SenderParty_ISAID as configured in Agreement

EDI.ISA08 - ReceiverParty_ISAID as configured in Agreement

BTS.MessageType - NameSpace#Root from the deployed 997 Schema

IsSystemGeneratedAck = True

If this does not work, you might want to delete the Agreement, and then Right Click on the Sender Party to create a new Agreement. If you right clicked on Home Role Party (which is receiver) the 997 is not generated. I dont know the reason, but that is what happened with me in using 2010

HTH,

-amit

amit kumar * Please Indicate "Mark as Answer" if this Post has Answered the Question
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 6:08 PM
  • Basically the purpose of 997 is to send it back to the Sender of the original message that you are acknowledging that it passed your validation with or without errors. So if you have it all in one folder it will need further processing to fish out the 997 to send back. Instead you should do a EDI Receive and subscribe the 837's separately directly from MessageBox and another Send Port similar to what I outlined above to send 997 out using a EDI send Pipeline which will send the serialized X12 997 message out.

HTH.

-amit

amit kumar * Please Indicate "Mark as Answer" if this Post has Answered the Question
    Friday, October 28, 2011 2:56 AM

All replies

• Yes it generated for me for 5010 837 P/I.
    • Edited by sriaug Thursday, October 27, 2011 5:05 PM
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 5:04 PM
  • Would you mind sharing how you have your send port filters configured for the 997 output?

Thanks,

Simon

Thursday, October 27, 2011 5:35 PM
  • I am able to get 997 if enabled from Party Agreements with following filters:

EDI.ISA06 - SenderParty_ISAID as configured in Agreement

EDI.ISA08 - ReceiverParty_ISAID as configured in Agreement

BTS.MessageType - NameSpace#Root from the deployed 997 Schema

IsSystemGeneratedAck = True

If this does not work, you might want to delete the Agreement, and then Right Click on the Sender Party to create a new Agreement. If you right clicked on Home Role Party (which is receiver) the 997 is not generated. I dont know the reason, but that is what happened with me in using 2010

HTH,

-amit

Thursday, October 27, 2011 6:08 PM
  • Thanks.  I will give it a try.
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 7:46 PM
  • I did not configured send port specifically for 997.As  i was not concerned for it.

I was using orchestration to convert the 837 files into xml. So i just bind the send port with orchestration and it gave me 997,TA and the 837_P/I file in the same folder.

Thursday, October 27, 2011 7:46 PM
  • Basically the purpose of 997 is to send it back to the Sender of the original message that you are acknowledging that it passed your validation with or without errors. So if you have it all in one folder it will need further processing to fish out the 997 to send back. Instead you should do a EDI Receive and subscribe the 837's separately directly from MessageBox and another Send Port similar to what I outlined above to send 997 out using a EDI send Pipeline which will send the serialized X12 997 message out.

HTH.

-amit

Friday, October 28, 2011 2:56 AM
  • Hi,

Just a note, this EDI Document Schema Support article on msdn is by far the best place to get your answers about EDI documents support in BizTalk.

and yes 997 is supported out-of-box.

Regards,
    Bali
    MCTS: BizTalk Server 2010,BizTalk Server 2006 and WCF
    My Blog:dpsbali-biztalkweblog
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Mark As Answer or Vote As Helpful if this helps.
    • Edited by DPS Bali Friday, October 28, 2011 6:06 AM
    Friday, October 28, 2011 6:05 AM
  • An update to our generation of 997. I was able to configure a send port to output 997. The trick ended up being using a filter EDI.ST01 == 997 or the BTS.MessageType == http://schemas.microsoft.com/Edi/X12#X12_997_Root.

When I add filters for isa06 isa08 gs8 etc. then I do not get any output from the send port at all.

I think this makes sense when I look at the message body for the 997 through the biztalk management console for suspended . It does not have any isa or gs segments.  The message context shows all the properties I would expect to see leading me to believe that my filters should work.

Simon

Tuesday, November 8, 2011 9:53 PM