Crystal report export to Excel from .NET 2003 app fails on Windows Vista Business PC

Question

• I wonder if someone can provide us with some help with what appears to be a Windows Vista compatibility issue. We have an application written in VB.NET 2003 which has built in Crystal reports. When we install the application on a Windows Vista PC everything appears to run fine except if we try to export a report to Excel. We get the following error reported "Error detected by export dll". The report exports fine to PDF, DOC and RTF. The installation and application works fine on Windows 2000 and Windows XP without any problems and the rest of the application appears to run fine on Vista. We have now conducted the test on 2 Windows Vista Business PCs and both have the same issue.

I have searched the Internet and specifically searched the Crystal support site but nobody seems to have reported the same issue.

Any thoughts? Does anybody actually have this working?

Thursday, March 1, 2007 9:45 AM

All replies

• We have the same situation in Windows 2003. It appears after sp2 being installed. Export to pdf ok, crashed on exporting excel file. Even create a new empty report, still has problem to export to excel.

Somebody please help. 

Monday, March 26, 2007 12:52 PM
  • I've added the information you've provided to a support case I have open about this on the Business Objects site. So far I have had little information from them and they certainly seem to have no idea how to resolve this issue as yet. Indications suggest that the latest security modifications have stopped it from doing something that it probably shouldn't have been doing which means it's probably going to need a patch. I'm not holding my breath!
    Wednesday, March 28, 2007 7:09 AM
  • I am also seeing the same problem after installing Windows 2003 SP2.  Here is the error I receive:

Error in File C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\SEVS\ReportFundEv_CrystalRPT.rpt: Error detected by export DLL:

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ExportException: Error in File C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\SEVS\ReportFundEv_CrystalRPT.rpt: Error detected by export DLL:

Source Error:

Line 146:    Private Sub btnExportExcel_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnExportExcel.Click
    Line 147:        Dim oStream As New MemoryStream 'using System.IO
    Line 148:        oStream = rptFundEv.ExportToStream(CrystalDecisions.Shared.ExportFormatType.Excel)
    Line 149:        Response.Clear()
    Line 150:        Response.Buffer = True

Source File: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\SEVS\ReportFundEv_Crystal.aspx.vb    Line: 148

Stack Trace:

[ExportException: Error in File C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\SEVS\ReportFundEv_CrystalRPT.rpt:
    Error detected by export DLL: ]
       [1].[1]F(String  , EngineExceptionErrorID 
    ) +440
       [1].[1]A(Int16 , Int32 [1]) +537
       [1].[1]@(Int16 ) +10
       CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.FormatEngine.ExportToStream(ExportRequestContext reqContext) +586
       CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.ExportToStream(ExportFormatType formatType) +141
       SEVS.ReportFundEv_Crystal.btnExportExcel_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\SEVS\ReportFundEv_Crystal.aspx.vb:148
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +108
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +57
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1292

I have searched all throughout the Business Objects site and there is nothing to be found regarding this.  Is SP2 a supported platform?

Howard

howard.rosenthal@lynxdev.com

Thursday, April 5, 2007 2:02 PM
  • I have the same proplem.  Post any info you find and I'll do the same.

Thanks.

Thursday, April 5, 2007 3:54 PM
  • We're having that exact problem but haven't located a solution.  Started after SP2 was installed on our 2003 servers.
    Wednesday, April 11, 2007 2:51 PM
  • After some dialog with Business Objects I received this response today:
    "We have tested this issue at our end also. And this seems to be an issue with the export to Excel. We would need to escalate this issue to the Product group."

I have been asked to fill out a "Business Impact Statement" which I will be doing shortly. If all those of you with the problem can give me some kind of idea of how you're being impacted by the problem, stage of development, number of systems affected etc I will add those notes to my response in the hope it will raise the urgency level. Either that or create your own cases on the support.businessobjects.com web site.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 3:55 PM
  • We have an existing application which has about 30 reports and none of the export to excel is working. All client machines are windows xp(sp2). However export to pdf,.doc,.rtf are working fine. we have about 40 users who have been using this system for many years and are used to exporting to excel and now find it difficult to export to .doc and work and thereby affecting their productivity.

After viewing this forum post i checked the server version and it shows windows 2003 sp2.

The error:

Error in File E:\Inetpub\ChassErpSys\Irq\ViewIrq.rpt: Error detected by export DLL:

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ExportException: Error in File E:\Inetpub\ChassErpSys\Irq\ViewIrq.rpt: Error detected by export DLL:

And when debugging found that the error was being thrown @ the line reportDocument.Export()

Please do take this to BO and help us asap. Thanks a lot.

Friday, April 13, 2007 2:24 AM
  • Same problem here also when exporting to Excel and running on Windows 2003 SP2. Anyone found a solution yet?

Error in File C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\temp_fc50a36b-5e64-49c6-a6b7-4118b5f15ddc.rpt: Error detected by export DLL:

Exception Details: CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ExportException: Error in File C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\temp_fc50a36b-5e64-49c6-a6b7-4118b5f15ddc.rpt: Error detected by export DLL:

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. 

Stack Trace:

[ExportException: Error in File C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\temp_fc50a36b-5e64-49c6-a6b7-4118b5f15ddc.rpt:

Error detected by export DLL: ]

[1].[1]I(String , EngineExceptionErrorID ) +440

[1].[1]D(Int16 , Int32 ) +537

[1].[1]C(Int16 ) +10

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.FormatEngine.ExportToStream(ExportRequestContext reqContext) +579

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.ExportToStream(ExportFormatType formatType) +141

Arquivo.Pesquisa.ibExportar_Click(Object sender, ImageClickEventArgs e) +108

System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.OnClick(ImageClickEventArgs e) +109

System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +69

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1292

• Proposed as answer by Calebgrd Tuesday, March 31, 2009 11:07 PM
    Tuesday, April 17, 2007 10:21 AM
  • resolved the issue by upgrading the crystal report to 9.2.33.

The version that comes with Visual Studio 2003 is 9.1.5 and the Crystal Report 9 enterprise edition version 9.2.33.

So the exporting to excel worked once i upgraded the application codes to the enterprise edition version.

Things i did are:

# Upgrade the application codes i.e change the report viewer and the dll to the newer version.

# Install the Redistributable package for Enterprise Edition (can also use merge modules).

# Install patches for the SetParameterValue method.

The patches and redist package are available for download from Business Objects.

However an even better solution is to Upgrade to CR 10 as i found that CR 9 is discontinued.

Note: CR 9 enterprise edition needs a license as it is a standalone.

Hope this helps.

Monday, April 23, 2007 2:35 AM
  • Hi

Thanks in advance for assisting me,I am also facing similar problems.The application is developed in windows server 2003 O.S and  visual studio.net 2003.

The application was working fine untill recently when we installed Service pack 2 for windows server 2003 O.S.Now i am not able to get the desired result(export to excel) as before and getting the folowing error.

Error Message:CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ExportException: Error in File F:\CCORRS\Test\NBHHRWGBF.rpt:
    Error detected by export DLL:

Is there any crystal report version incompatabilty issue with service pack 2,what could be the problem,please assist me.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 2:53 PM
  • It would appear based on this thread and our customers that Excel export functionality with Crystal 9 (.NET) version no longer works with Windows 2003 SP2.

Has anyone got this running without having to put in the enterprise version?

Thursday, April 26, 2007 3:01 AM
  • Aaack.  I have several hundred users experiencing this same problem.  Please post any suggestions to resolve this, short of the enterprise version.  Thanks!

-Randy

Thursday, April 26, 2007 6:34 PM
  • anyone find a solution yet?
    Tuesday, June 5, 2007 8:25 PM
  • I have exactly the same issue in an application that has worked flawlessly on Windows 2003 Server SP1, but since the installation of SP2 has caused the export to excel to fail.

I can reproduce this every time just by installing SP2. 

My issue is that as I am using the included runtime version of Crystal, I do not have the option to upgrade to a later version ( I could be wrong here) Has anyone made any progress in resolving this please?

Many thanks

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 7:26 PM
  • I am having a similar problem, but instead of exporting to excel i export to pdf so we can print a report. Did you ever find a solution other than installing the new software? Is there a service pack to .net 2003 i can install that would fix this problem?

This application is running on Windows 2003 server with sp2 installed. It works fine on a 2000 box, without changing any code.

Error Caught in Application_Error event Error In: http://10.0.0.4/aspx/intranet/soview.aspx?SoNum=14088

Error Message: Logon failed.

Stack Trace: at .I(String , EngineExceptionErrorID  )

at .D(Int16 , Int32 )

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.FormatEngine.Export(ExportRequestContext reqContext)

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.FormatEngine.Export()

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Export()

at LocalRepair.soview.ShowReport()

at LocalRepair.soview.Page_Init(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.Control.OnInit(EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.LogOnException: Logon failed.

at .I(String , EngineExceptionErrorID  )

at .D(Int16 , Int32 )

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.FormatEngine.Export(ExportRequestContext reqContext)

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.FormatEngine.Export()

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Export()

at LocalRepair.soview.ShowReport()

at LocalRepair.soview.Page_Init(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.Control.OnInit(EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 9:23 PM
  • Hi.. i too have the same problem and i am finding any hotfix for that. cud someone from BO help us on this issue..
    Tuesday, July 3, 2007 7:25 AM
  • I've been having this problem too and alos am using the runtime version of Crystal.  Has anyone figured out a solution yet?

Thanks.

Monday, July 9, 2007 7:18 PM
  • I've been having this problem too and also am using the runtime version of Crystal.  Has anyone figured out a solution yet?

Thanks.

Monday, July 9, 2007 7:19 PM
  • Hi,

I am experiencing the same problem here on Windows Server 2003 (EDIT: after installing SP2).

Has anyone found a solution to this that doesn't require an upgrade to a later version?

Thanks
    Tuesday, July 10, 2007 4:11 PM
  • It looks like it has several months since this problem was reported. Is there any solution at the time? I started experiencing this issue 3 weeks ago and I cannot seem to find any hints to resolve this problem. .Net 2003 is still a supported product by Microsoft and Crystal Reports is an integral part of it. Why has not this been addressed?? It is very frustrating....
    I am experiencing the problem with Windows 2003 SP2.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 11:31 PM
  • Same problem: .NET + Crystal Reports web applications running on Windows 2K3 servers upgraded to SP2 crashing when trying to export to Excel.
    100 report models, 100 users, around 250 exports per day, critical to their business... Ufff, we're upset. We simply can't go to the standalone version of CR. Online support procedure is crazy.
    Please, has anyone found a solution, patch or workaround?
    Thanks in advance
    Wednesday, July 18, 2007 7:27 AM
  • I have now received confirmation that an update is available from Crystal which is claimed to fix the problem. The update is the ExportModeller.dll file version 9.1.1.528. Since originally logging this issue we have upgraded here to VS2005 and don't have the issue with that as it uses a version of Crystal 10. I hope this will help you all get your problems sorted now.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 9:51 AM
  • Great news for all of us sufferers Smile

Would you mind linking to the place where this can be downloaded from please?

Many thanks for taking the time to update the group!

Steve

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 10:48 AM
  • Try this:

ftp://ftp1.businessobjects.com/outgoing/CHF/crnet11win_en.zip

I actually had a look round the support site and couldn't find a specific download (mentioning the issue) under any of the usual places so hopefully this contains all that is required.

Good luck.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 11:11 AM
  • FYI, there is a hot fix described here

http://technicalsupport.businessobjects.com/cs/forums/thread/963.aspx

Thursday, July 19, 2007 7:20 PM
  • I can export to Excel on Win 2003 with no problem. It's the export to .pdf that stopped working. I use the .NET Crystal 2.0 Distribution and Visual Studio 2003 and Oracle. Error is Error in File C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\TSRDetail {CCE60620-4D58-45C3-B1B9-2397FB274ADF}.rpt: Error detected by export DLL

Friday, July 20, 2007 9:51 PM
  • Thanks!

That fixed it.

To those attempting this, don't run the hotfix installer on a live server as it will attempt to stop smtp/ftp/web services. (Run it elsewhere and copy over the ExportModeller.dll file.

Thanks.
    Wednesday, July 25, 2007 12:57 PM
  • Do you specifically change your temp directory to go to an Inetpub folder.

I am getting an error exporting to .PDF when using .NET 2 Business Objects. Quite the opposite of your situation. Any ideas? My temp folder is under C:\Windows\Temp and the error I receive is

* Error in File C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\TSRDetail {F7EAB0D7-408F-4787-A1FE-5086F7199CB9}.rpt: Error detected by export DLL:

This is on a Win 2003 box with IIS 6.0 with ASP.NET using an Oracle Database. Excel exports work ok.

Thanks much in advance.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 7:43 PM
  • It's good to hear that the update has solved the export to Excel problem for you guys on 2003 though I'd be interested to know if it actually fixes it on Vista as well as I had originally found. While we were waiting for the fix, we moved development over to .NET 2005 which has a version of Crystal 10 which works fine so it would be a hassle for me to go back and produce a release with the updated Crystal in and we simply don't have the time to do it.

As for those guys sith PDF export problems, my only suggestion is to get yourself onto the Business Objects support pages/forums and log a support request. They're very helpful if a little slow and methodical.

Thursday, July 26, 2007 6:59 AM
  • Thanks

We applied the patch and it worked for us.

Thursday, July 26, 2007 12:56 PM
  •  

Friday, November 16, 2007 1:52 PM
  • Hi There...

We normally export company reports from our CRM system (Pivotal) using Crystal reports or Crystal reports print engine on our mobile systems. The export is made from Crystal to pdf and normally without problems.Now we can´t export to pdf as the text in the company report is changed to Marlett.ttf (hidden windows system font) by default when exported ??? This means all text looks like this :

10561CCestCCwyCC140

Cddress

CCCCCCoxCC775

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

CtwaterCCCCC95301

This only applies to PDF ! Export to Word and Excel works like a charm... I raised this support case at pivotal in the start of december 2007 but after tons of tests and webex sessions they ruled out pivotal software causing this. Could it be a windows update ? I tried 5 different adobe reader versions without any luck. Finally we changed the font in a company report from Frutiger to Arial Unicode MS and then the export from Crystal to PDF works :-) What could cause this ? We used Frutiger in all reports since 2001 and never had problems until now... We could of course change the font in ALL reports in our CRM system but it´s a LOT of work...

Any suggestions ?

Cheers Kenneth 

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 8:40 AM
  •  

Hi

I am experiencing the same problem as above. There is a patch from BO:

http://technicalsupport.businessobjects.com/cs/forums/3/16298/ShowThread.aspx

The Crystal Reports Hotfix won't install on my server with WINDOWS 2003 SP2.

I tried to download from BO ftp site the DLL  ExportModeller.dll in the version 9.1.1.528.

The download didn't start.

We tried to install the entire patch. It says it's installing, but then it won't really update the files.

CAN I have MICROSOFT support?

Friday, January 25, 2008 10:10 AM
  •  

I've extract file from crnet11win_en wiht UNIVERSAL EXTRACTOR, because the hotfix crnet11win_en doesn't upgrade exportmodeller.dll to 9.1.1.528 version.

I will upgrade the exportmodeller.dll this afternoon.

Monday, January 28, 2008 9:36 AM
  • Our clients reported the same problem on Vista boxes, I have them install the Crystal Report patch  downloaded here

ftp://ftp1.businessobjects.com/outgoing/CHF/crnet11win_en.zip on their  Vista boxes and I installed this patch on our servers.  It worked on both web reports and windows application reports. We use .Net 2003 with Framework 1.1,  Windows 2003 server sp2 .

Monday, March 24, 2008 8:05 PM
  • Damas y caballeros, les tengo buenas noticias. Despues de andar varios dias buscando una solucion a su problema encontre una solucion. Mi problema no es de programacion, mas bien era que un programa no podia exportar los reportes a Excel en Windows Vista, cosa que si hace en Windows XP.

La solucion es descargar e intalar el siguiente archivo: ftp://ftp1.businessobjects.com/outg...net11win_en.zip

Una vez que lo descarguen e instalen, debemos reiniciar la copmutadora y listo, todo funciona a la perfeccion

Espero les sea de utilidad

Saludos!!

I have good news for you. After many days of web research i have found a solution for this problem. My problem was a little different because it was not of programming, it was only a report export problem with an app that works fine on a XP system but not on a Vista system.

The solution es go here ftp://ftp1.businessobjects.com/outg...net11win_en.zip download and install the file. Once intalled just reset your computer and your app will work

I hope this was useful

Saludos!!

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 2:53 AM
  • I've the same problem probally after apply latest patch in windows xp. professional via wsus. Please Help me !

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 6:30 PM
  • just found this hopeful solution to this problem.  however, i cannot get this download to work:

anyone know? is the file somewhere else now?  i checked out the business objects support forum that points to the same solution, however you can no longer post there.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Wednesday, June 25, 2008 1:59 PM
  • well, never mind.  seems to have been something going wrong here, but i've got it now.
    Wednesday, June 25, 2008 2:06 PM
  • thanks for the link...the crnet11win_en patch fixed our export to excel issue for the recent microsoft service pack 3 issue.
    Tuesday, July 29, 2008 3:17 PM
  • We are experiencing a similar error with Crystal 10 Embedded exporting to Microsoft Excel 2003 on a WinXP (SP2) system.  I tried exporting from the Preview Mode of Crystal Reports 10, and got the same error, and the application crashed.

When choosing a file type to export to from Crystal Reports 10, the only Excel format is Excel 97-2000.  I have no idea if this is why the export to Excel 2003 failed or not.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jonathan

zugzwang22 AT hotmail DOT com
    Thursday, August 7, 2008 3:08 PM
  • It is a bit late to post a solution to this issue. But anyway I found this link

http://forums.msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/vscrystalreports/thread/c11d5168-8ee1-49b1-aa45-800c09e46b71/

Regards,

Yasel

Thursday, September 4, 2008 3:48 PM
  • If anybody is using the crystal report in windows form and the export to excel fails then download and install
    In your project reference add ExportModeller.dll located at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\1.0\Bin
    If you don't include the ExportModeller.dll, then the export will work in local machine but not in any of the deployed machines. We are using the crystal report that bundled in VS 2003.
    Everything was working fine until XP SP3 was installed. 
    Friday, September 12, 2008 3:54 PM
  •   I have a question regarding the updated file found for excel reports to work on a user computer.  Is it necessary to have a copy of the updated file exportmodeller.dll on the user machine and in the same path as is on the developer machine?

Thanks,

Joe
    Saturday, December 6, 2008 4:53 PM
  • When I un-installed Windows Service Pak 3 my export error problem went away. You might give that a shot.
    Tuesday, March 31, 2009 11:08 PM
  • I am also facing the same problem with crystal report export to excel . I got the hot fix suggested. Need to test it. Thanks all for the information.
    Tuesday, May 5, 2009 12:57 PM
  • hi... thanks a lot.. executing the patch fixed the issue. Note that the the patch will reset the services so the application will not be available for sometime(till the patch is executed). As an alternative you can try replacing the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\1.0\Bin ExportModeller.dll  of server  with the new version after executing patch in local machine.
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 7:06 AM
  • Hi Liwia,

I have try to execute the patch in local machine but i cannot find the ExportModeller.dll file to move it after on my server.

Is it possible to send me just the ExportModeller file.dll ?

Very best regards.

Steeve
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 3:54 PM
  • If anyone is still having this issue, this is the quick fix I used.

1) Rename C:\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\1.0\Bin\ExportModeller.dll to ExportModeller.dll.old
    2) Download ExportModeller.dll v9.1.1.528 from this link

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=fa3314d049fdc04b6e7203eb87368129e04e75f6e8ebb871

3) Copy this file to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\1.0\Bin\ExportModeller.dll

That's it. My application on Window 2003 stopped giving the "Error detected by export dll" error

I made the mediafire link for your convenience. If you are wary of downloading a file from there, the same DLL can be extracted from

You have to find an app online that can extract from the special CAB files (they aren't normal Windows CAB format)

Good luck :)

Tuesday, September 1, 2009 6:13 PM
  • hi

the ftp link doesnt work anymore so here is what i found.

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap%28bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==%29/bc/bsp/spn/bobj_download/main.htm

here you can search the hotfix crnet11win_en.zip.

select
    Software Product: crystal reports
    Product  version : crystal reports.net
    Software Type: hotfix

the crnet11win_en.zip will be there. anyway the hotfix installation didnot fix the problem

Thursday, September 3, 2009 10:21 AM
  • The copy of the new dll from Blue Coder is functionning, great !

Thank you so much.
    Thursday, September 3, 2009 12:36 PM
  • hi

its working fantastic,thanks for ur help keep it up.......

solution for Dotnet 2003 Version crystal reports

If anyone is still having this issue, this is the quick fix I used.

1) Rename C:\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\1.0\Bin\ExportModeller.dll to ExportModeller.dll.old
    2) Download ExportModeller.dll v9.1.1.528 from this link

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=fa3314d049fdc04b6e7203eb87368129e04e75f6e8ebb871

3) Copy this file to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\1.0\Bin\ExportModeller.dll 

added one line from above bluecoder.

and registery in Start->Run

regsvr32 C:\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\1.0\Bin\ExportModeller.dll 

thats all

thanks

billa
    Tuesday, October 6, 2009 12:20 PM
  • I am getting a similar error while trying to export a file to excel. The users with Office 2007 are gettign the following error.

Error in File C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\temp_fc50a36b-5e64-49c6-a6b7-4118b5f15ddc.rpt: Error detected by export DLL:

I tried updating the ExportModeller.dll as suggested above but no success. I even added the reference to this dll under my project and rebuild but still the same error. Any ideas?
    Wednesday, December 2, 2009 9:51 PM
  • Thanks a lot for the solution replacing the dll worked marvelously.

the mediafire URL is not working, still you can download the dll form otehr sources

I used the dll from the following

http://www.czsolution.com/print-management/pjr_faq.htm

http://dotnetolympians.wordpress.com http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Arsalan http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dotnetolympians
    Wednesday, May 5, 2010 9:13 AM
  • I had a problem exporting to Excel from my Windows app and seem to have solved it by following these instructions.

1) Exit CZ Print Job Report

2) Rename C:\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\1.0\Bin\ExportModeller.dll to ExportModeller.dll.old

3) Download ExportModeller.dll from this link

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8N2V268Y

3) Copy ExportModeller.dll to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\1.0\Bin\ExportModeller.dll

4) Start CZ Print Job Report.

If this doesn't work, then restart the computer, then run CZ Print Job Report (note that I had to restart the PC before this worked).

If the above method does not work then perhaps try installing this patch.  I have not tried this myself.

Monday, July 5, 2010 9:33 AM
  • I was getting this same error pulling images out of blob fields in a Sybase SQL database (ODBC).

The crystal report is version 7 or 8.5, so while it was Seagate's program.

What was occurring was there were multiple images on the form, if any were null, the any previous image would be substituted for it (which is totally, wrong, epsecially when dealing with signatures!)

Occasionally, if there were no images at all, the entire report would fail.

I discovered this because when I changed the export to HTML40 HTML or Word .doc, I would get all my reports but the images being pulled from the database were duplicated or missing. Exporting to PortableDocFormat PDF or Excel XLS would fail.

To remedy, I added a test in the crystal report editor for the blob field to 'Suppress' and then added a formula to the 'x+2' popup like '({SignID} = 0)' or IsNull({SomeOtherField}) and now I don't get errors or incorrect images placed all over my reports. Hope this helps!

Friday, July 23, 2010 9:31 PM