After added 19th Language Project can not be re-build

Question

• I am developing a Global Multi-lingual App for WP8 using VS 2013 Update 1 on Windows 8.1 Pro 16GB Ram PC. Using Multilanguage App toolkit to add the 19th Translation languages like "ru-RU" Russia or Spanish. Translating resources done successfully as before like those 18 languages earlier. Upon rebuild the project, this error arise

Error 1 The element 'target' in namespace 'urn:oasis:names:tc:xliff:document:1.2' has invalid child element 'remarks' in namespace 'urn:oasis:names:tc:xliff:document:1.2'. List of possible elements expected: 'g, bpt, ept, ph, it, mrk, x, bx, ex' in namespace 'urn:oasis:names:tc:xliff:document:1.2'. (ValidationError) FloraHIHS

Error 2 Update XLIFF build failed. FloraHIHS

Error 4 Multilingual App Toolkit build completed with errors. FloraHIHS

Any solution to advise. Thanks.

Abel

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 7:30 AM

All replies

• Is it possible for you to post your project, or send a link to me where I can download it check it out?

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 3:30 PM
  • Hi Matt,

Thanks for your reply.

I can send your the reduced sample project Zip file 6,318 KB to check it out. EMail Address please or link I can upload.

Abel

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 1:33 AM
  • Hi Abel,

Please upload your zip to your SkyDrive and share a link.

--Rob

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 2:26 AM
  • Hi Rob

Here is the link hope it is correct..

http://sdrv.ms/1cutPfZ

Abel

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 2:37 AM
  • Hi Abel,

I am not really familiar with globalization, so I need to ask: how do I make the project work with 18 languages, then how do I add the 19th so it fails?

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Thursday, February 20, 2014 5:27 PM
  • Hi Matt,

This was the sample I used for works.

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/wpapps/Globalization-Sample-a2237b7a

Each App will have one default language e.g. US-English in \Resources\AppResoures.resx.

Using Multi-Lingual Toolkit, developer can add additional language such as Taiwan file like ..\AppResources.zh-TW.resx,

By default, App will run and display English. If user change the Language to, say Chinese (Complex text)  Taiwan, the App will display Chinese Text based on content stored in AppResources.zh-TW.resx

Plan to have my app available to all languages supported by Windows Phone 8 to-date. I add language one after another till the 19th Language, I face the Build error as mentioned above.

Before someone fix the limitation problem,  I can remove the first 18 languages from Project (Saved the files in some where else first) and add the rest of languages as and when I need.

Hope this help, Thanks.

Abel

Friday, February 21, 2014 12:46 AM