Why does Visual Studio keep un-including the Assets.xcassets folder (and/or its contents)? RRS feed

• Question

• User386316 posted

I'm having an issue with Xamarin.iOS projects in Visual Studio 2019. Any time I: * Restart VS, * Unload and reload a project, or * Change an iOS project

Some or all of the Assets.xcassets folder contents become unincluded. Sometimes, git diff shows that a new node is created underneath the asset nodes: <Visible>false</Visible>. Other times, no pending change is recorded at all.

As you might guess, this is EXTREMELY annoying and is making Xamarin unusable for future iOS development.

Is there any fix for this?

Monday, July 8, 2019 5:32 PM

Answers

• User369979 posted

Assets.xcassets is always unincluded in my iOS project. We use the asset in the Asset Catalogs:

Define the single image asset there. We can consume it directly after saving operation.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, July 9, 2019 9:00 AM

All replies

• User369979 posted

Assets.xcassets is always unincluded in my iOS project. We use the asset in the Asset Catalogs:

Define the single image asset there. We can consume it directly after saving operation.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, July 9, 2019 9:00 AM
  • User386316 posted

@LandLu, you are correct. I thought that leaving the assets folder unincluded made Application Loader throw errors, but it does not. So, I guess no problems with leaving the folders unincluded.

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 4:47 PM