Two tablix's not aligning RRS feed

• Question

• I have two tablix's side by side, which are grouped and sorted by the same field (manager). I want them to align, so that the data for each manager displays side by side. How do I accomplish this? Is there a way I can set a standard space so that the Manager row in tablix1 always aligns with the Manager row of tablix2?
    • Edited by meddojeddo Thursday, July 30, 2020 9:20 PM
    Thursday, July 30, 2020 9:16 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Not exactly sure how your report looks like, but you could drag the Tablix in your VS design page. You could drag them until a blue line is showing, that indicates the two Tablix are aligned.

Then you could drag the textbox border line in Tablix to have the same size. For Example

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Joy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 31, 2020 3:03 AM
  • Hello,

Yes, the blue lines do align, however the issue is that I want the corresponding data points in the two tables to align. I have grouped and sorted the tables by the same field but as the rows progress, they go out of sync. I have tried to adjust the size of the extra space column in the second table, but it always ends up being that the first table's rows gets ahead of the second or vice versa. Is there any way to ensure the spacing of the data points is the same so that the corresponding rows are next to each other?

Friday, July 31, 2020 4:49 AM
  • If I understand correctly, you want the detail row content to be aligned?

Are they from one dataset? If so, you could try list structure

If not from one dataset, it is hard to achieve this alignment. I cannot think of a way.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 3, 2020 1:59 AM