none
Windows 8 - Mail And People App RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I un-installed the Mail & People App by mistake which will be displayed on the Metro startup screen. Not able to see those apps now under 'Apps' screen too. Any idea how can i get these apps back ?

I checked in Windows Store but didnt find Mail & people App although other apps like finance, music are there. Please help.

Thanks

Lokesh

Monday, June 11, 2012 4:43 AM

Answers

• Hi Mark,

I did as you suggested. But still i didnt see Mail & People App. I restored to the Automatic Restore Point, didnt help in getting apps back. It was because the restoration time stamp was just after I un-installed these apps.

Good news is that I did figure out how to get these apps back.

Windows + I -> Change PC Settings -> General ->  Clicked on 'Get Started' under 'Refresh your PC without affecting your files'

But I did loose few programs / applications which I did install on my Windows 7 OS before upgrading to Windows 8.

Thanks

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 4:52 PM

All replies

• Hi Lokesh.

Try to restore the computer to a previous state when it was working fine using system restore and check if that helps.

a)       Move the mouse to the bottom left of the screen and right-click to get see a list of options.

b)       Click on ‘Run’ and type ‘rstrui’. Click ‘OK’ to bring the ‘System Restore’ interface.

c)       Following the steps as mentioned in the interface to restore the computer to a previous point.

Note: When you perform System Restore to restore the computer to previous state, programs and updates you installed are removed.

Thanks

Monday, June 11, 2012 2:39 PM
  • Hi Mark,

I did as you suggested. But still i didnt see Mail & People App. I restored to the Automatic Restore Point, didnt help in getting apps back. It was because the restoration time stamp was just after I un-installed these apps.

Good news is that I did figure out how to get these apps back.

Windows + I -> Change PC Settings -> General ->  Clicked on 'Get Started' under 'Refresh your PC without affecting your files'

But I did loose few programs / applications which I did install on my Windows 7 OS before upgrading to Windows 8.

Thanks

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 4:52 PM
  • Hello,

You have to open the Store, and navigate to "Your apps" > "Apps not installed on this PC". You will find the missing apps there.

Regards.

Thursday, November 29, 2012 10:35 PM
  • Dear Lokesh,

Open the Windows store and then type mail in the search option. You will get mail, people, recommendation from below the search folder...

best of luck,

Jai

Thursday, January 10, 2013 6:12 AM
  • Agar be hamin rahati ke you migi open Windows Store and Write Mail, then This is very Awesomediamolaunch.
    Thursday, March 21, 2013 11:04 PM

• Try search for "Mail, Calendar, People, and Messaging" in the app store

Monday, April 29, 2013 11:55 PM