none
Outlook 2016 - Plain Text automatic Reply as HTML RRS feed

• Question

• In Outlook 2016 when a message comes in as plain text, I would like to auto reply every message as HTML as to make my signature display correctly every time on every email that I reply to.

I am aware that you can do this manually by going into the Format Text Tab -> Change to HTML -> Set signature again.
    I am also aware that some users created VBA scripts to accomplish this

I wanted to include a script I found at a website but this forum is flagging as spam so I removed it.

This script worked for me yesterday but broke today, not sure why.

I am looking for a way to have this all happen automatically when I press the Reply button. Is there a way to do this or some add-on that you recommend?
    Do you recommend any working VBA scripts to accomplish this?

Thanks,

-F.Seen

• Moved by Perry-Pan Friday, March 23, 2018 3:24 AM
    Thursday, March 22, 2018 3:37 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for visiting Outlook Forum.

Then here we mainly focus on  general questions and feedback related to Outlook desktop application. Since your issue is more related to VBA code, I'll help move this thread to Outlook for Developers forum.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, March 23, 2018 3:23 AM
  • Hi F.Seen,

You had mentioned that,"This script worked for me yesterday but broke today, not sure why."

I suggest you to post your script, this forum will not flag as spam.

We will try to make a test with your script and try to find the issue in it.

Also try to check whether your Outlook was updated with any new updates. It is possible that may cause this issue.

You said that it broke today.

Did you get any error? If yes, Try to inform us about error.

It will help us to narrow down the issue.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 26, 2018 9:48 AM