none
Configuring OLEDbDataAdapter but message "Not enough storage is available to complete this operation." RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Microsoft Visual Studio .Net 2003 Professional with SP1. I have a Windows form with a data grid in which I wish to display data from a tiny PostgreSQL database. From the toolbox, I first drag in an OLEDbConnection and enter the connection string name, this seems to work fine. Next I drag in an OLEDbDataAdapter whereby its wizard starts. I click button Next. Since my newly OLEDbConnection does not appear I click the button New Connection. A window Data Link Properties appears, I select the tab Provider and select PostgreSQL OLE DB Provider and click button Next. In the tab Connection I enter the source and location of the data and also its logon information. When I press button Test Connection, I get confirmation "test connection succeeded". So up to here, everything seem fine. I press button OK but receive the error message "Not enough storage is available to complete this operation."

I have loads of memory and also virtual memory available. Do I do something wrong? Is the Visual Studio faulty? Does anyone know any work-around?

Thanks in advance for any hints!

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 4:32 PM