SQL Server Management Studio Question- RRS feed

• Question

• When I am looking under Security-Logins-ENT\svc-gps

On the right I click on user mapping what is the different between dbo and ent\svcgps

These two databases were just restored and are not working correctly

I am attaching screen shots:

The other pictuer is the ent\svc-gps and has another one checked called RSExecRole Why is that?

• Moved by Elvis Long Friday, March 9, 2012 1:21 AM question about SQL Server Security (From:SQL Server Reporting Services)
    Wednesday, March 7, 2012 11:01 PM

Answers

• Hi Lisa,

User
    Specify a database user to map to the login. By default, the database user has the same name as the login.

When you restore a database backup to another server, you may experience a problem with orphaned users. This reference will help you solve the problem: SQL Server Logins and Users

Reporting Services uses a predefined database role called RSExecRole to grant report server permissions to the report server database. The RSExecRole role is created automatically with the report server database.

For more information, please see:

Login Properties (User Mapping Page)

How to: Create the RSExecRole

Best Regards,
    Iric
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Iric Wen Thursday, March 15, 2012 2:14 AM
    Friday, March 9, 2012 8:46 AM

All replies

• I suspect what this is showing is that the database user 'dbo' is linked to the login 'ENT\svc-gps' where the user column says 'dbo'.

Where the user column says 'ENT\svc-gps' then the login is linked to a database user ie. 'ENT\svc-gps' and the 'dbo' user in the database would likely be linked to another login.

Thursday, March 8, 2012 12:39 AM
  • Hi Lisa,

User
    Specify a database user to map to the login. By default, the database user has the same name as the login.

When you restore a database backup to another server, you may experience a problem with orphaned users. This reference will help you solve the problem: SQL Server Logins and Users

Reporting Services uses a predefined database role called RSExecRole to grant report server permissions to the report server database. The RSExecRole role is created automatically with the report server database.

For more information, please see:

Login Properties (User Mapping Page)

How to: Create the RSExecRole

Best Regards,
    Iric
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Iric Wen Thursday, March 15, 2012 2:14 AM
    Friday, March 9, 2012 8:46 AM