none
How Microsoft Word layouts the contents based on "useprintermetrics" compatibility option? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am working for converting the Word documents as images using GDI+. I have faced the problem based on the "useprintermetrics" compatibility option. In the Open XML SDK they have given some information about GetDeviceCaps using printer DC. But i dont know how to get the printer DC? Anyone knows the information regarding this. Please share your answers ASAP.

Thanks,

Pradeep L

• Edited by Pradeep L(c23) Tuesday, August 16, 2016 8:35 AM Spelling mistake
    Wednesday, May 18, 2016 10:22 AM

All replies

• Hi Pradeep L,

>>I have faced the problem based on the "useprintermetrics" compatibility option. In the Open XML SDK they have given some information about GetDeviceCaps using printer DC. But i dont know how to get the printer DC?

What do you mean by "useprintermetrics" compatibility option? Do you mean this?

And what kind of the project are you doing? Winform, Asp.net and others? which library functions you use to achieve? Do you have any code show us? Could you upload your project to OneDrive, we'll take a further look.

Best regards,

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, May 19, 2016 5:57 AM
  • Hi Kristin,

Thanks for your update. I am unable find the  difference in generated EMF files also which includes with using PrintMetricOption and Wothout using PrintMetric option.

But the difference in generated PDF file. I just want to know is the any changes occurs while measuring string with various graphics DPI values.

Best Regards,

Pradeep L

Monday, May 23, 2016 12:49 PM
  • Hi Pradeep L,

Have you read my first reply? This forum is discussing and asking questions about issues regarding the very core of .NET, including security, performance, hosting, base classes, interop, reliability, debugging, GC, and profiling.

>>But the difference in generated PDF file. I just want to know is the any changes occurs while measuring string with various graphics DPI values.

Sorry, I am afraid I cannot understand your issue.  Could you give more details?

If you have some code, please post here, It will be better to help someone who wants to research your issue.  

Best regards,

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 10:02 AM