InvalidOperationException: Connection was disconnected before invocation result was received RRS feed

• Question

• User-721757455 posted

Hello 

During a testing session we got this exception packed in a AggregateException from Wait(): 

InvalidOperationException: Connection was disconnected before invocation result was received

The exception is extremely hard to reproduce, it happened only once in a situation where the machine was at limit regarding CPU load. 

But what my point would be: I think SignalR should not throw an InvalidOperationException, instead it should either define some own exception type (SignalR exception) or use another existing exception type but which is perhaps less "general". InvalidOperationException is such a general exception, that I can't really catch it and know where it came from or what it meant. 

Instead, if I would have a more specific exception, I could catch it in my code and know it has something to do with the SignalR connection and then try to do something ... 

Thanks and regards, 

Thursday, March 29, 2018 1:26 PM

All replies

• User61956409 posted

Hi mihai,

got this exception packed in a AggregateException from Wait()

Please share the code that you are using, which would help find and troubleshoot the issue.

With Regards,

Fei Han

Friday, March 30, 2018 5:12 AM