none
USB 3.0 Issues with kinect V2 please help! RRS feed

• Question

• Just recently purchased a Kinect v2 and the adapter for it to use it on my PC but when I plug and connect everything up the Xbox kinect does not light up yet the PC still detects it in device manager.

So I try to use the KinectV2 Configuration Verifier and i get an error.

"Supported USB 3.0 detected with unknown bandwith"

I checked around google and forums and found out that i get this warning due to my USB 3.0 not being compatible.  I recently purchased a Febsmart USB 3.0 PCIE card that has renesas chipset connected my kinect to it but still I have the same issue about the USB unknown bandwith. Can anyone help me with this problem i've been trying to figure this out for days now.  

If it helps this is my System Specs

Motherboard: Asus P8Z77 WS

CPU: Intel I7 3770k @4.3GHz

GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080

My kinectV2 has the latest driver that I was able to get using windows update 

Driver provider Microsoft

Driver Date 5/16/19

Driver Version 2.2 1905.16000

• Edited by Shydo Wednesday, November 20, 2019 6:54 AM
    Wednesday, November 20, 2019 6:47 AM

All replies

• Is that the only error you get in the Configuration Verifier?  What happens if you expand the "Depth and Color Streams" section?

Bryan

Saturday, December 7, 2019 12:06 AM
  • I am also facing the same issue and yes in the configuration verifier we find two errors(an exclamation mark!):
    1. USB Controller

2. Vierify Kinect Depth and Color Streams

Thursday, January 16, 2020 11:21 AM
  • I am also facing the same issue. Hard to believe that contemporary gaming motherboards with in-built USB3 can't support the Kinect 2. I wonder if it is possible to relax the capability/compatibility testing that is taking place here, with a view to getting the connection established.

Wednesday, February 12, 2020 8:01 AM