Adding a or Accept or Cancel if you do not agree to any of the legal terms. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm not clear if this is the right section to ask my question, so please I ask for some patience.  I've been working with SharePoint 2007 for several weeks now and have learned a lot.  One of the things we're trying to accomplish is a Leave Application system.  So far, the form has been created in InfoPath, and all is well when I submit, it goes to the library.  However I'd like to add a pre-condition to the form.  For example:

1. The Leave Policy is created as a page, and after having been read, the user must accept the terms of the agreement.

2. Once the user has accepted the terms and agreement, they can then be redirected to the form and begin filling it out

So far I've not been able to find a way to do this, I'd greatly appreciate your support with this matter, Sincerely, Ramy

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Saturday, February 12, 2011 9:21 AM Do not shout in Titles. CAPs removed. If you have only been using SP for a few weeks, why not first concentrate on learning what is possible out of the box.
    Saturday, February 12, 2011 6:34 AM

Answers

• You've posted the question on "SharePoint - Design and Customization" forum, but I think it's more about building your InfoPath form. If not, please clarify.

I've done something similar to what you've mentioned and you can do that right from InfoPath. The driving force for this will be using rules in your form.

Since you want the users to read the terms and agreements first, add this to the default view of your form. Then you can add 2 buttons (i.e. I Agree or I don't agree). Add rules to both buttons. If the user clicks on "I agree" button, switch to the view that contains your actual form. If the user clicks on "I don't agree" then close the form.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Pman
    http://www.pmansLab.com/
    • Marked as answer by Leoyi Sun Friday, February 18, 2011 8:52 AM
    Saturday, February 12, 2011 5:08 PM

All replies

• Thanks Mike, I've only been using it a few weeks but it's not my life long career.  I'm an Infrastructure/Network Operations Center manager who's been asked to dig into this as a side project.  I have been studying it very well and have done lots of research.  I only came to the Forum as a last resort, as a way to speed up the learning curve.  I'd appreciate any support and assistance.  
    Saturday, February 12, 2011 2:52 PM
  • You've posted the question on "SharePoint - Design and Customization" forum, but I think it's more about building your InfoPath form. If not, please clarify.

I've done something similar to what you've mentioned and you can do that right from InfoPath. The driving force for this will be using rules in your form.

Since you want the users to read the terms and agreements first, add this to the default view of your form. Then you can add 2 buttons (i.e. I Agree or I don't agree). Add rules to both buttons. If the user clicks on "I agree" button, switch to the view that contains your actual form. If the user clicks on "I don't agree" then close the form.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Pman
    http://www.pmansLab.com/
    • Marked as answer by Leoyi Sun Friday, February 18, 2011 8:52 AM
    Saturday, February 12, 2011 5:08 PM