none
PhoneGap with SharePoint RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Guys,

I have developed responsive applications in SharePoint so that, layout varies depending on the the device, this is the era of mobiles, So users will not have full satisfaction using a mobile, they'd prefer a native application than opening the SP application in a browser. After going through, PhoneGap is the best way to create Native applications for IOS, Android, Windows with only HTML, JS knowledge.

Now, as I wanted to start to create Web Mobile App, how can I integrate the App created using PhoneGap with the content in SharePoint. 

Wanted to discuss on authentication to SharePoint , after that everything will be familiar to SP Development. (SPurl + "_vti_bin/authentication.asmx")

Thanks,

Hemanth Anumolu.

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 9:33 AM

Answers

• Hi,

you can user Provider Hosted App in SharePoint.Host your app in other application and then execute it from SharePoint 2013. 

Mohit Khandelwal

Monday, July 27, 2015 5:48 PM
  • When you go with PhoneGap it will create a hybrid app for you where you can use web view to render SharePoint content in browser itself. For authentication, Refer this,

http://paulryan.com.au/2014/spo-remote-authentication-rest/

Regards,
    Rupesh Singh
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Please don't forget to mark it as answered, if your problem resolved or helpful.

Monday, July 27, 2015 1:58 PM

All replies

• When you go with PhoneGap it will create a hybrid app for you where you can use web view to render SharePoint content in browser itself. For authentication, Refer this,

http://paulryan.com.au/2014/spo-remote-authentication-rest/

Regards,
    Rupesh Singh
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Please don't forget to mark it as answered, if your problem resolved or helpful.

Monday, July 27, 2015 1:58 PM
  • Hi,

you can user Provider Hosted App in SharePoint.Host your app in other application and then execute it from SharePoint 2013. 

Mohit Khandelwal

Monday, July 27, 2015 5:48 PM
  • After researching we also found that this is the way to go.

Can you please provide us some pointers to progress in this direction. 

Friday, March 4, 2016 10:04 PM