Execute a recurring logic app via code RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Is it possible to programmatically (from C#) execute a Recurring Logic app? I have tried to execute the trigger using the URL and a WebClient, but I get the following error which I have been unable to solve:

{"error":{"code":"DirectApiAuthorizationRequired","message":"Either 'Basic' authentication scheme or Shared Access scheme is required."}}

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Thursday, March 16, 2017 8:45 PM

Answers

• Hi ,

As part of your integration test you need to look for inbound and outbound messages instead of changing the actual flow . Service bus trigger polls the topic at specified interval of time  what you define at the trigger level.

If you like to publish the message to topic you can use Service bus explorer and then look for the message flow . As part of testing this will work fine . Hope this way you can test both thin interfaces without touching the actual message flow .  

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply

• Marked as answer by karl.ignatius Tuesday, April 4, 2017 7:43 PM
    Monday, March 20, 2017 12:18 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can use Azure Functions to execute the logic apps endpoint . Let me know your flow requirement we will be happy to help you out .

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply

Friday, March 17, 2017 4:08 AM
  • Hi Abhishek

Thanks for the response. The basic flow requirements are the following:

• A message is sent to a logic app that exposes an HTTP end point
    • This logic app places the message on a service bus topic
    • The recurring logic apps flow has a subscription to the service bus topic
    • The recurring flow reads the message from the topic and passed it down to the downstream system

I basically would like to execute this recurring flow from my C# code as part of an integration test. The integration test must do the following:

• Call the HTTP logic app
    • Execute the recurring logic app trigger. (This is the step i need assistance with)
    • Confirm results in downstream system

Please let me know if you need any more information

Thanks

Sunday, March 19, 2017 7:32 PM
  • Hi ,

As part of your integration test you need to look for inbound and outbound messages instead of changing the actual flow . Service bus trigger polls the topic at specified interval of time  what you define at the trigger level.

If you like to publish the message to topic you can use Service bus explorer and then look for the message flow . As part of testing this will work fine . Hope this way you can test both thin interfaces without touching the actual message flow .  

• Marked as answer by karl.ignatius Tuesday, April 4, 2017 7:43 PM
    Monday, March 20, 2017 12:18 AM